Electronic Component Sourcing and Category Specialist
Posted on Oct 28, 2021 by ITech Consult
Electronic Component Sourcing and Category Specialist - basic contracting, business enterprise systems (SAP), procurement, in buying/planning
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a Electronic Component Sourcing and Category Specialist.
Raw material and manufacturing capacity constraints impacting various electronic components, coupled with unsatiated demand, continues to drive extended lead times and cost increases. Component manufacturers have implemented supply allocation measures to cope with the overwhelming demand. The majority of semiconductor manufacturers have implemented programs for managing supply priority and continuity with key partners. Supply challenges are expected to continue for the foreseeable future. To support our Direct Procurement Team serving our Diagnostic Instrument Manufacturing Sites in Switzerland, Germany and the US we are looking for a candidate for sourcing and expediting difficult to find and critically allocated, electronic components which keep the production lines at our EMS partners and Roche running.
The candidate has a fundamental knowledge in procuring electronic components and a track record in several industries with focus on such electronic components. The candidate brings ideally an own global network and contacts into EMS partners, component manufacturers, distributors and brokers. An education/degree with focus on electronics is desired or at least a strong track record in that area and appropriate experience. We are looking for a troubleshooter to excel in a very challenging market dynamics by steering us through a volatile demand and to help us find materials which are essential for manufacturing. An understanding of the Healthcare regulatory environment is an advantage, the specialist will need to be able to secure that the sourced eComponents meet stringent quality and regulatory requirements. A further advantage would be if that person is also capable of jumping into further supply topics.
Ideal candidate: We are looking for an experienced profile in direct procurement within electronic components sourcing. Ideally, this person will already have hands-on, operational experience in sourcing of electronic components. We would also consider a more general profile in direct procurement, within buyer/planner type of responsibilities.
Areas of responsibility:
* Execution of Direct Procurement Operations activities in order to ensure supply for our manufacturing lines by sourcing of critical materials/components
* Follow up on market development for supply critical parts
* Supplier management responsibilities such as negotiating, contracting, supplier performance management
* Management and driving of cost savings/continuous improvement initiatives to ensure maximum value-add to Operations
* Ensuring all procurement requests are executed in line with category guidance, and in compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures, including preferred supplier arrangements and contracting requirements.
* Execute the relevant procurement process by applying appropriate methodologies, tools, and value levers.
Professional and technical requirements:
* University degree, with business related degree
* 5+ years' experience in sourcing of electronic components and with experience in basic contracting, business enterprise systems (SAP)
* General experience in direct procurement, in buying/planning
* Fluent in both English and German
* Good communication skills & teamplayer
* Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (eg eSourcing, eAuction).
* Life Sciences experience as an advantage
Reference no: 920794 AD
Role: Electronic Component Sourcing and Category Specialist
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: until end of 2022, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.