Posted on Oct 28, 2021 by Xpertise
The Insight Developer will design and maintain new and existing insight products for EMI services. The position will report to the Head of Service Development and be responsible for the development life cycle process, which includes the design of cloud-based infrastructure, product definition, development, testing, and production implementation.
- They are responsible for operating the data hub that supports the UK energy market. As a regulated central authority, they ensure that this data hub stays safe, low-cost, and promotes vigorous market competition. They also contribute knowledge to many energy sector regulations that establish the rules for the gas and electricity markets, allowing for the deployment and operation of smart metering and distributed energy resources
Salary: £50-70k based on experience
Location: Nottingham/London - Highly Remote - travel is required to one of the offices of your choice occasionally
Insight Developer qualifications:
- Experience in data acquisition, enrichment and matching using COTS ETL tools such as Pentaho and Informatica
- Experience in operating and managing AWS cloud environments (infrastructure as code) with a focus on performance, value for money and security.
- PowerBI/Tableau knowledge
- Knowledge of logical and physical Datamodelling techniques
- Strong SQL coding proficiency
- Knowledge of approaches to data masking and anonymization to support data security and privacy requirements
- Experience in developing custom and self-service BI reporting capabilities using COTS tools such as Tableau and QlikView as well as SQL
- Experience in "big data" platforms (eg Hadoop) and traditional RDBMS technologies
- Experience in using AWS CodeCommit
If you feel you are suitable, please apply for the role and I will be in touch with the job spec and info regarding the next steps.
Xpertise acts as a recruitment agency