Posted on Oct 28, 2021 by ABM
Not Specified, United Kingdom
JOB TITLE: Sustainability Officer
LOCATION: National role
REPORTING TO: Sustainability Manager
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Respect - This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another.
Collaboration - This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It's also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team!
Integrity - This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on promises.
Innovation - This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time it's about embracing change.
Excellence - This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
Trust - This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It's also about doing what you say you are going to do and not promising what you can't deliver.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
To help manage and co-ordinate environmental compliance and implement sustainable development across the ABM business group. To undertake premises audits, producing/collating and analysing information to inform and aid environmental management and sustainability reporting and sustainability programmes for both ABM and client requirements.
• To assist in the provision of advice on sustainable development including the environment to all parts of the Business and client sites in a timely and effective manner, attending meetings and site visits as and when necessary.
• To review sustainable development / Environmental impact assessments for policies and projects in a timely manner, providing guidance to Team Members to ensure they are consistent with sustainability related compliance, policy and strategy issues and to maintain related registers for monitoring purposes.
• To assist on data collection to ensure accurate analysis and reporting of information from across the Business and client sites to monitor performance against agreed department and corporate sustainability performance indicators.
• To play a key role in the drafting and production of the annual sustainable development update report and support the production of other reports addressing sustainable development issues.
• To monitor the actions of the Sustainable Development Strategy and related action plans and assist the team to facilitate the delivery of actions.
• To create, promote and analyse the results surveys, producing graphical illustrations to demonstrate key findings for reports.
• To provide a secretary role for the Sustainable Development Working Groups.
• Carrying out environmental sustainability audits of the Business and client sites workplaces, and practices, advising local managers where improvements are necessary.
• Support other Team Members and clients undertaking premises audits and inspections to identify and resolve environmental management issues.
• To support and deliver operational sustainability training
• Maintaining the compliance register of sustainability and environmental protection legislation using information supplied by the external environmental legislation update service and identifying relevant changes for the Business and client sites.
• Monitoring non-conformities logs and assist operations to complete actions; and supporting the review of related policies and documentation.
• Assisting procurement Team Members to implement the ABM Group Sustainable Procurement (SP) Policy by risk assessing contracts against policy themes, reviewing templates and supplier documentation and providing advice as required.
• To be conversant with RPSP policy themes, relevant standards and undertake research on best practice to keep the Procurement Checklist up to date, adding additional spend categories as required.
• Maintaining registers to track key suppliers performance and implementation of policy themes including #netzero solutions, skills and employment, modern slavery and social value.
• Auditing contracts and contract management processes to ensure compliance with environmental regulations, the responsible procurement policy, contractual commitments, and advising on areas for improvement.
• Possess an environmental degree / diploma or working toward completion in a relevant environmental subject i.e. Sustainability / Environmental Management
• Demonstrate an awareness of environmental management systems and environmental tools.
• Demonstrate an awareness of responsible procurement and relevant and proportionate application within the public sector/Private Sector .
• Experience of collecting data, maintaining and analysing data for inclusion in papers, reports and projects or presentations.
• Experience of using a range of information technology applications and an awareness of how they can be utilised in the context of the job role.
• Good inter-personal skills and the ability to work flexibly and accurately with minimal supervision.
• Sound IT and PC skills including Microsoft office packages and Teams.
• Full, clean UK driving licence.
• Self- starter, with the ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of ISO Standards and requirements inc. ISO14001, ISO50001
• Membership of IEMA (Affiliate or Practitioner)
• Willingness to stay away from home for short periods, overnight, should business needs require it.
• UK and Occasional Overseas travel may be required.
• Passionate about the role Sustainability plays in being a successful partner of choice, and the desire to make a positive difference.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect 0063hanges in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
Please note that ABM are an equal opportunities employer, we do not discriminate and welcome all responses.
*You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.