Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Oct 27, 2021 by Charles Schwab
This is a Senior Staff role on our Service Availability Network Engineering SAvE team - we provide a global, superior data network infrastructure for Charles Schwab & Co.
The Service Availability (SAvE) Network Engineering team supports the infrastructure for Charles Schwab & Co. This includes working with business units, subsidiaries, multiple Schwab Technology disciplines as well as external vendors to resolve issues and develop technology solutions for the Firm. The SAvE Engineering team will be expected to define network infrastructure requirements, engineer high availability solutions as well as participate in new product selection and certification. The team actively participates in business driven projects, provides consulting services for various project teams, including all disciplines of network engineering. This position requires an enthusiastic, value driven, thought leader to lead, develop and support the SAvE Engineering team.
What you are good at
The Sr. Staff SAvE Engineer will work closely with other Engineering teams to build and support the company's next generation infrastructure. The selected individual will partner with key technology and business representatives, to quickly isolate and resolve issues and providing the corrective action feedback to continuously optimize the companies infrastructure. Additionally, the position will require technical leadership to drive issues to resolution and optimization of the existing environment, along with technical oversight regarding growth and supportability
What you have
- Bachelor's Degree and or 10+ years of experience
- ISP and/or carrier backbone engineering experience/knowledge
- conceptual Firewall, Load-Balancing, Routing & Switch knowledge
- QoS Knowledge and Experience
- Carrier Technologies - DWDM, Dark Fiber, MPLS, VPLS, SoNET, xDSL, Broadband Cable and Fiber, EPL, EVPL, TDM
- Optical testing experience and knowledge
- Co-Location service and Cloud Connect knowledge
- Experience with network automation and orchestration tools/platforms
- Layer 2 expertise - Spanning-Tree, BFD, LLDP, CDP
- Scripting languages - knowledge with Scripting languages, such as Python, Ansible, Expect and TCL
- Strong organization, documentation and communication skills; ability to effectively transition operational support of new solutions to other technology groups
- Ability to gather requirements, analyze alternatives, test options, configure devices and recommend, document and communicate highly technical solutions
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment with a keen focus around security, availability, resiliency and performance
- Experience building, and troubleshooting complex network architectures
- Hands-on experience designing, building, testing and deploying large-scale network solutions
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.