VP/Director of Products & Development
Posted on Oct 27, 2021 by Responsive Search, Inc.
VP/Director of Product & Development
In this role, the successful incumbent will own the end-to-end product vision and execution. They will bring innovation and drive discipline for the entire Product life cycle. This role will be leading all phases of product, application development and deployment. Inspiring and leading the departments to ensure operational excellence and efficiency, while generating significant impact on both the strategic and tactical direction of the software development and product development life cycles. It will report directly to the CEO and be a member of the Senior Leadership team. They will have the product team, development organization and infrastructure team reporting into them.
- Ensures timely delivery of the application development projects without compromising quality and performance of the system
- Provide a roadmap of innovation to build additional value for the market looking at related markets
- Becoming an expert on the common problems our customers and potential customers are facing (that they may not even be aware of), the impact of those problems, and the value of solving them. 80% of the challenge is defining the right problems. Provide leadership to Product Development, meeting the demands of the business, prioritizing goals, providing guidance and development, and creating cohesive corporate wide working relationships.
- Segmenting our potential customers by their needs, priorities, and value. Different customers prioritize different problems; and even those that have the same problem may prioritize
- Designing great, cost-effective solutions that are clearly differentiated from alternative solutions in a way that appeals to significant market segments whether these are new products, or repackaged current products. Test and validate the solutions with user research.
- Prioritizing and explaining ideas and roadmap decisions to the rest of the team, including executives and the board. Having conviction and a backbone, and a willingness to disagree and commit when a decision is made.
- Effectively working with the engineering team, communicating customer needs through user stories, understanding technical constraints and opportunities, and working closely with the team to make products great. The ideal leader will prioritize user experience and be able to meaningfully contribute to it.
- Developing pricing and positioning strategy
- Launching products and expressing our product story to internal and external audiences. Developing launch plans and communicating to our teams, current and prospective customers, partners, analysts what the problems are, how we solve them better than others, and the value expected from the solution. This will involve planning, collaborating with marketing and sales, public speaking, effective analyst relations.
- Completing the circle and ensuring customer success; collecting feedback and integrating it into the product.
- Lead the development and implementation of creative concepts that are consistent with Companys long-term marketing strategy proactively and timely.
- Establish and manage systems and processes within area of responsibility that support internal and cross functional efficiency.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure all timelines are developed and current, project status is communicated, and risks and dependencies are understood.
- Provides leadership in execution and delivery to technology teams in support of the business applications. This includes leading and coordinating activities throughout development and ensuring the appropriate use of standard models and software packages, standard methods of integration, as well as, the development of common application services.
- Ensure that best development processes and technologies are used in the design, construction and implementation of applications
- Ensure stability and performance of existing and future applications through use of applicable profiling and testing methodologies
- Responsible for the onboarding, deployment and support functions of the solution
- Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 10+ years experience in application development
- 10+ years of product development experience within a software development organization
- Experience leading/building applications on a platform such as ServiceNow, Salesforce, Workday or another platform preferred
- Experience with both Cloud and On Premise based software products and architecture
- Demonstrates leadership in building relationships with business partners and/or clients
- Experience in FinTech domain is a plus.
- Experienced in management and motivation/advocacy skills with demonstrated ability to develop and mentor personnel
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success while choosing the proper methodologies and policies to support broad business goals