Control Development Systems Engineer
Posted on Oct 25, 2021 by Honda Motor
The Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Unit Development Systems Engineer enables tools, methods, and processes necessary for the design and manufacture of today's advanced products, including Automotive, Power Sp orts, and Power Equipment.
The Spec Control Systems Development Systems Engineer collaborates with Spec Control and New Model business stakeholders and with Enterprise IT Services to implement and support product development tools and systems. These tools and systems ensure a modern and efficient New Model Development process that helps to bring exciting products to Honda's customers.
- Responsible for tools and processes within assigned Spec Control and New Model discipline.
- Teach, guide, and monitor new team members on maintaining system functionality.
- Analyze current situation and propose new systems and processes to improve the business.
- Lead medium projects related to the improvement of an existing system and implementation of new systems.
- Recognize and solve problems with high scope and complexity and identify the root cause of these problems.
- Provide integrated solution expertise for users so that they can best leverage our tools to facilitate engineering decisions.
- New Technology Implementation
- Contributes to projects implementing next-generation Bill Of Material Management (BOMM), Spec Control Management, and New Model Implementation.
- Lead Spec Control System projects and serve as a team member or subject matter expert for PLM and CAD/CAE/CAM/CAT projects that utilize or integrate with Spec Control systems.
- Perform detailed cost/benefit analysis for new technologies and solutions.
- Guide creation and management of design deliverables including workflow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, test cases and user training guides.
- Serve as an advocate for the user community with more emphasis on determining future needs.
- Continue to learn new technologies/solutions and look for opportunities to maximize benefits for the Spec Control and New Model business teams.
- Implement automation in Spec Control systems
- Identify areas where automation would provide business value and work with business leaders and IT engineers to create project proposals and plans.
- Use Robotic Processes Automation (Blue Prism) and Scripting to automate routine end-user and administration tasks to improve both business and IT efficiency.
- Planning and near-term strategy
- Plan and schedule annual support and administration tasks in the Spec Control systems domain.
- Work with Global Honda IT, NA Business Units, and IT vendors to plan annual projects and tasks based on the PLM Unit's application roadmap.
- Maintain Spec Control system application roadmaps for NA users.
- Schedule and monitor Spec Control system updates, system maintenance, annual support improvement initiatives, and application maintenance/license updates.
- Prepare next period support and maintenance cost projections for select applications.
- Engineering or IT related bachelor's degree
- 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of at least 2 of this application development and Spec Control disciplines:
- System requirement gathering, system performance objective setting, and application architecture selection.
- Modeling of business functions, processes, and information flow within and between systems
- Bill of Material Management functionality and Product Specification Management in a manufacturing setting
- Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of at least 2 of these IT principles, concepts, and technologies:
- Developing for Windows and Linux/Unix operating system
- SQL database administration skills (DB2 & Oracle preferred)
- DEV/OPS/SEC application development process experience with Java-based applications
- Robotic Process Automation development and implementation