Lead Back End Developer
Posted on Oct 25, 2021 by Atkins Global
Lead Back End Developer - Glasgow, Warrington, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol, Epsom, London
This is an exciting opportunity for a development lead role, to join our growing national Creative Design team. We're looking for someone with strong team working and development skills, who communicates clearly to clients and stakeholders and engages well with colleagues. The person for this role would be willing to expand upon their already exceptional skills and learn from other developers and technical disciplines in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Supporting the delivery of projects by working with the wider team to deliver world class engaging and data-rich websites and web applications.
There's a huge opportunity to bring greater value to our variety of engineering, infrastructure and architectural design projects. You will bring your ideas, passion and problem-solving approaches to help us deliver fresh, digital solutions. You'll be a team player, ensuring that delivery is of the highest standard, both visually and technically. You'll support with estimating effort and building a pipeline of work whilst embracing the variety and enjoy buzz of a dynamic working environment.
- Responsible for technical delivery quality
- Software Effort Estimation
- Being part of the resource allocation process
- Mentoring and people development of the team
- Working alongside the front-end developers to develop re-usable data layer components
- Designing data storage designs for development projects
- Designing and building robust and scalable back-end services for web applications.
- Willing to assist in delivering front-end projects: since we sometimes have more front-end work than back-end work.
- Set up and management of servers and databases.
- Staying abreast of development trends.
- Proposing new strategic technology choices
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Comfortable holding client conversations and strong organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of node-based server-side technologies (e.g., Google Firebase, express)
- Extensive experience creating and working with web services and JSON-based APIs
- Experience of implementation authentication and authorisation into web apps
- Experience with Relational databases like MS SQL, My SQL, and Postgres
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like Google Firestore, Mongo, and Cosmos
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
- Good HTML / CSS / (Bootstrap) Skills
- Experience of developing and deploying Microsoft Azure-hosted capabilities like Web Hosting, Functions, and Datastores
- C# ASP.Net, .Net Core Web and API development experience
About Creative Design
'Creative Design' is not your typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of over 60 designers, developers, visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists, delivering world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency, Faithful and Gould and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively with Atkins' teams and external clients, getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We're problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content, make information more accessible and add value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts that utilise technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements