Senior software engineer
Posted on Oct 25, 2021 by Transamerica
- Work collaboratively with other development staff, including contract and offshore Software Engineers, and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Code, test, identify, implement, and document solutions to business challenges utilizing web and cloud technologies
- Perform design and analysis for deliverables. Lead larger team design sessions for system level architecture solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for a wide range of areas, applications, and technologies and mentor other team members in design/coding standards.
- Recommend solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and system impacts.
- Support analysis and general architectural design across platforms toward the development of end-to-end solutions.
- Utilize third-party software development frameworks, open-source libraries, and APIs to develop basic application solutions.
- Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field and rapidly grasp new technologies to support the environment and contribute to project deliverables.
- Assist with preparing presentations and may lead development meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent education/experience
- Three years of Core Java or .NET experience
- Strong knowledge of coding platforms/frameworks (eg .NET/C#, JAVA, OOD, OOP, Functional Programming, Spring Framework, J2EE Development, OOP, Service Oriented Architecture, Dependency Injection, and Core Architecture)
- Two years of experience and proficiency in database design techniques and philosophies (eg RDBMS, Document, Star Schema, Kimball Model)
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies (eg MS Cosmos DB, Apache Cassandra, Amazon DynamoDB)
- Understanding of cloud services (eg AWS/Azure) utilizing various supporting tools (eg EC2, ECS, S3, Kinesis, VMs, Blob, Cosmos, Data Factory, SQL Data Warehouse, ARM Templates, Event Hubs)
- Experience with build and deployment tools (eg Visual Studio, Git/Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, SQL Management Studio, Nunit, Ajax)
- Knowledge of developing distributed computing (MS HPC, Sagemaker, Spark)
- Two years of experience with integration and service frameworks (eg API Gateways, Apache Camel, Swagger API, Zookeeper, Kafka, messaging tools, microservices)
- Knowledge of Microservices and REST based API development (eg Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Entity Framework, IIS, Swagger, Odata, .NET API 2, .NET API Core, AutoMapper)
- Knowledge with continuous integration/development tools (eg Jenkins, Docker, Containers, OpenShift, Kubernetes, and container automation) in a Ci/CD pipeline
- Familiarity with modern Front End development frameworks (eg Angular, React, Vue.js, ASP.NET MVC, HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS, Ajax)
- Advanced understanding of software development and research tools
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Understanding of big data and Real Time streaming analytics processing architecture
- Understanding of data warehousing architecture and implementation, including source to target mappings and ETL.
- Technology or platform certifications (eg AWS, Microsoft)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.