Posted on Oct 24, 2021 by Global, a 1st Flagship Company
Bangor, ME 04401
Admin & Secretarial
Global, a 1st Flagship Company
Job ID: 2
Address: 1375 Union Street
Schedule Hours: 8 am - 5 pm
Schedule Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, and PTO.
The Administrative Assistant performs complex administrative tasks using a personal computer. Coordinates office services and administrative activities for Job Corps center; interprets operating policies and Core Values; exercises independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems.
- Type business letters, memorandums, reports, charts, etc. on a personal computer.
- Independently prepares recurring reports for review and signature.
- Faxes and retrieves incoming messages on a regular basis,
- Performs system backup procedures on the computer
- Maintains a safe environment for all computer equipment, data files, supplies, etc.
- Attends meetings and conferences to furnish information and take notes.
- Schedules appointments and maintains the Director's calendar.
- Assists the Director with preparations and arrangements for special events.
- Establishes and maintains confidential files and records.
- Answers telephones and directs calls to appropriate person. May handle routine calls if informative on subject.
- Orders necessary office supplies and equipment.
- Assists in the training of new clerical personnel.
Minimum: Must have a High School diploma with a least three years practical experience. Model company Core Values.
Preferred: Possess a two-year business college degree
Knowledge Required: Ability to perform administrative duties without immediate and constant supervision. Ability to type accurately at a fast speed. Ability to take dictation at a fast speed. Proficient in the use of a personal computer; working knowledge of software applications such as Word Perfect, MS Word, Excel. Thorough knowledge of office procedures. Good organizational skills, Ability to deal effectively with the public and government officials. Sound business telephone techniques. Ability to proofread and correct grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact our HR Admin to request a reasonable accommodation
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
Palo Alto, CA
New York, NY
Salt Lake City, UT
New York City, NY