Cloud Solution Architect
Posted on Oct 24, 2021 by NOVA Corporation
The role of the Cloud Solution Architect is to ensure that the future solution for the Air Force Security Assistance Cooperation Information Technology system modernization is built as efficiently as possible, by studying the current system architecture and proposed industry solution(s) with the functional and technical project staff. The solution architect will work directly on the project while the business analyst develops the requirements. The solution architect will accompany the project right up to its completion, and will be responsible for the project vision that underlies the solution and translates that vision into reality. The solution architect will understand the programming, integrating, and testing of proposed software systems and related devices, and also decide on the appropriate technology to solve the problem. The Solution Architect will be a part of an agile process team working with various stakeholders (all levels), including senior leadership, technical management, functional management, supply chain/logistics transformation initiatives and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) business process subject matter experts, to build detailed supply chain/logistics As-Is process views to better understand the current business environment to support identification of potential transformation opportunities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with management, decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Assesses the immediate and long-term strategic goals of the organization as relates to technological needs.
- Actively participate in the development and management of cloud technology roadmap. Ensures cloud technology solutions are aligned to solution patterns, application frameworks and the technology roadmap.
- Provide advisement, recommendations, and consultation for technological solutions that provide value and meet government objectives.
- Identifies and recommends new cloud-based solutions for research and participates in proof of concept initiatives to explore new architectural strategies.
- Evaluates architecture needs and gaps to build an AWS GovCloud Architecture for the organization, including Perform studies such as analysis of alternatives, return on investment, and development/implementation of prototypes/pilots promoting common reusable DevSecOps cloud-based solutions such as: Gitlab, SSO, Jenkins, Unit Test Integration, Test Automation, Compliance as Code, Artifact and Dependency Management.
- Identifies implementation risks of technology solutions and analyzes impact on achieving desired business outcomes.
- Collaborates with applications development teams and architects to promote the adoption of the DevSecOps to raise security awareness in infrastructure, application development.
- Supports the government cloud technology architecture and evaluates roadmaps for smooth and efficient migration or modernization of the Legacy processes into cloud strategy.
- Maintains the definition and documentation of architectural standards, reference architectures, processes and operating model
Job Requirements (Education/Skills/Experience):
- Ability to pass a Government background check & receive Public Trust clearance
- 10 years of broad/diverse background and experience in business process improvement/re-engineering, business process modeling, requirements analysis, and/or solution architecture.
- Must have at least 5-8 years DoD experience and worked in a numerous AF PMOs; understands documentation required from FMO to successfully implement a new system.
- Strong analytic and research capabilities.
- Strong presentation development and delivery and relationship building skills at all levels, including working, managerial and executive.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Visio 2010.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Preferred Skills and Certifications:
- Department of Defense or Air Force supply chain management/logistics functional knowledge.
- Experience in Air Force Security Assistance Cooperation (AFSAC) Directorate/Foreign Military Sales (FMS) processes and procedures.
- Experience in Air Force/FMS functional areas of supply chain/logistics, financial management, or acquisition.
- In-depth experience around FMS processes, procedures and IT systems preferred
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.