Posted on Oct 22, 2021 by CV-Library
A highly successful and reputable business has seen an opportunity to create a role for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their team. Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager you will be managing a team to success and looking at other opportunities to improve and become more streamlined.
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities:
· A big part of the role is taking ownership of the organisation, management, and development of the purchasing team
· Working with the Supply Chain Manager you will assist with strategic objectives, to lower cost, reduce risk and improve quality
· Work in close partnership with other departments to ensure that customer timeframes are met
· As the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement of all direct materials for production using the MRP system
· The responsibility for identifying and management of suppliers of goods and services to meet the needs of the company with the right specification and pricing
· Using your strong negotiation skills for material cost reductions and sundry savings projects achieved through negotiation, resourcing, etc
· Management of the day to day activities that secure the supply of direct materials to support the business
· Development, implementation, and maintenance of best practices and procedures in all areas
· Any other Adhoc duties as requested by the Supply Chain Manager.
Required Skills & Experience:
· A solid background in people and account management is essential
· A relevant qualification in Purchasing and Supply Chain preferred
· Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment specialising in either metal or electrical
· Good standard of IT skills
· A passion for delivering a high standard of customer and supplier relations.
In return you’ll receive:
As a Purchasing Manager, you’ll get a basic salary of up to £38,000, You will have an allowance of 25 days holiday (plus stat). Other benefits include a company pension, company sick pay (after 6 months), and free onsite parking.
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting Purchasing Manager opportunity, please click ‘apply now.
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in finance, supply chain, HR, IT, and office support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, and Lincolnshire
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £60k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£27k - £35k Annual
£27k - £35k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual