Lead Solutions Architect
Posted on Oct 22, 2021 by Leidos
The Leidos Health Group's CTO organization is seeking a Lead Solutions Architect (SA) to develop solutions that positively impact the health and safety of people throughout the world.
This position will directly support the active growth plans of our Government Health and Safety Solutions organization with a focus on civil health needs within our CMS Division. The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand customer needs through pre-sales engineering and account management activities and lead the development of compelling solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, presentations, and proposal responses. The Lead SA will also work to develop and mature our partner ecosystem and contribute to division strategies. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions ranging from IT applications to full enterprise services and from program management activities to agency-wide operational support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology, and our customers to match solutions to customer requirements and to differentiate Leidos from our competitors.
• Leading the development of innovative solutions in support of major capture efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
• Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
• Assist capture strategy development through technical leadership, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
• Assist in the development of the systems integration capabilities across multiple accounts within the business.
• Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving performance of existing projects as required.
• Conduct pre-sales engineering activities, to include engaging directly with customers in combination with our Business Development and Operations leadership teams.
• Contribute to the development of business strategies.
• Establish and maintain partner relationships, especially with small businesses.
• Bachelors' degree and 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience. Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
Experience (at least 5 years) in three of the following areas, with Expertise in at least one: Networking, System Development, Software or Application Development, Hardware Engineering, Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Electronic Health Records, Information Assurance or Cyber Security, ITIL Framework, Agile Development, Health System Interoperability, and Life Sciences
• Direct experience working with or for CMS
• Broad and deep understanding of CMS systems, processes, payer/provider relations, and Medicare activities
• Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
• Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals
• Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals
• Experience in running trade studies, product evaluations, or research projects
• Experience in customer engagements
• Development and/or Operational program experience
• Direct experience working with any of the following customers: HHS, FDA, CDC, NIH, or SSA
• Active relationships with CMS personnel and the CMS contractor environment
• Experience engaging in business development and capture efforts
• Experience developing solutions involving data sciences, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
• Experience developing or managing DevOps solutions that rely on cloud-based infrastructure
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $130k Annual
$115k - $130k Annual