Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Oct 22, 2021 by Leidos
Leidos has an immediate opening for a Senior Network System Engineer to join and grow with our Corporate Information Technology Services Team. This position can be supported in Orlando - FL, Reston - VA, Gaithersburg - MD, or San Diego - CA. We are mostly on telework at the moment due to the pandemic, but will return to partial telework when it's safe to do so.
In this role, you will research and provide design level solutions for the current corporate WAN / LAN system within LEIDOS taking into account availability, scalability, security and manageability as appropriate. You will also perform network system engineering and system engineering on a broad range of programs providing overall support for various business-critical networks. Some tasks involve the full system engineering life-cycle including project management, cost, risk, supportability, requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies design, development, integration, device/system testing, validation, implementation, technical management, and quality assurance.
You will provide support for WAN / LAN / Data Center Network / DNS / DHCP / Wi-Fi / WAN Acceleration from a System viewpoint to the individual viewpoint, including:
- Research and Provide recommendations to Operations on what features to enable and how to use them.
- Assist with Tier III support to Operations in support, as required.
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with observations within each area.
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement engineering support within each area.
- Develop for each area a system analysis and design documents for Leidos' corporate architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff.
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience in Network Administration and Systems Engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with CISCO Switching: STP, RSTP, MST, LAN tuning / protection, VTP, Vlans, 802.1Q / ISL trunk connections, Understand MAC / ARP tables.
- Experience with Cisco WAN/LAN technologies - Primary routing protocols EIGRP / BGP, some OSPF / RIP (ISIS Not required), redistribution, route maps, Access Control Lists (ACL), IP Subnet/ Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), SNMPv2 / SNMPv3, TACACS/Radius.
- Experience with Network Hardware Design and Configuration, Network Troubleshooting, Network Performance Tuning.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance is required.
- Experience with WAN and VPN / VRF Solutions, MPLS, DMVPN Phase1/2/3, IPsec, IPsec/GRE, and Performance Routing.
- Experience with SilverPeak SD WAN / WAN Acceleration/Optimization Solution
- Experience with Arista Product Line / Software Defined Data Center
- Experience with VMWare / NSX-T routing / Software Defined Data Center
- Experience with Network Access Controls (NAC) / 802.1X authentication.
- Experience with Aruba WI-FI Solution / product line.
- Experience with Multicast/ Streaming Service.
- Experience in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for new technologies.
- Experience with DNS/DHCP, IPAM (BlueCat), load balancers (F5), and Authentication Systems (Clearpass), SSL VPN.
- Experience with enterprise network management tools such as HPNA, SolarWinds, Cisco Smartnet, LiveAction, Splunk, or similar technologies with WAN/SDWAN/SDN system analysis and design documents.
- VoIP implementation and Support.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management.
- Knowledge of IPv6 addressing and routing protocols.
- Current or former Cisco certifications - CCNP and above.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.