Linux System Administrator
Posted on Oct 22, 2021 by Leidos
Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator who will be a member of the ESSC (Enroute System Support Complex) Support team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B). ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow. The ESSC provides the foundation for the development, maintenance, and engineering support of the ERAM operational baseline.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
• ESSC Engineering/Integration effort consisting of on-site support to all FAA and Leidos user groups for the PMF/STF systems.
• ESSC administration support which includes activities such as creating new user/group IDs and providing system functions such as disk management, cross mounts, add/change files systems, backup/restore coordination, network management and release management.
• Assisting with problem debugging, investigating hardware and software problems, as well as implementing corrective action, answering user questions, providing effective system operations, and assistance to the end user.
• Installation and customization of the operating system images, which includes the necessary CAS software and applications software for the various platforms within the PMF/STF environment.
• User support as required that includes assisting users on a day-to-day basis
• Requires BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Basic hardware knowledge and ability to troubleshoot/repair basic issues (Adapter swaps, adding memory, etc..)
• Redhat Linux administration skills, and ability to troubleshoot
• IBM AIX administration skills, and ability to troubleshoot
• Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches including stack switches
• IBM Enterprise DS4700 storage knowledge
• NetApp storage knowledge
• Understanding of VMWare virtual systems
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.