Posted on Oct 22, 2021 by Leidos
The NISC IV program at Leidos has openings for Construction Management oversight in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Route Traffic Control Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The candidates will provide technical construction management and oversight support for FAA facility modernization.
Construction inspection assistance to the FAA Resident Engineer is required for various projects including, but not limited to: building a new wing for environmental equipment and mechanical systems, roofing, parking lots, facility refurbishment and security doors.
The candidates will apply broad experience and advanced technical knowledge on multiple, varying and complex assignments. It is necessary to plan, coordinate and perform work with a high degree of independence, while keeping the Project Engineer advised of significant problem areas. The work will require the ability to operate independently to evaluate the functional status of systems and facilities, construction progress, review electrical schematics, installation designs and specifications, manage project logistics, ensure compliance with safety procedures, and prepare risk mitigation plans.
Routine duties will include:
- Review, document, and report on construction progress to the FAA Resident Engineer.
- Monitor construction site safety, and prepare notices of unsafe working conditions.
- Perform engineering analysis with respect to code compliance, reliability, maintainability, safety, economy, project specifications, and recommend corrective action where appropriate.
- Provide estimates of construction progress.
- Escort contractor personnel in security restricted areas.
- Maintain records of receipt, inventory and condition of Government Furnished Material (GFM).
- Prepare daily entries in the Construction Logbook.
- Maintain records of all correspondence and reports pertaining to the project.
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Strong technical background and experience with construction projects, risk mitigation, coordination planning and documentation.
- Experience reviewing project drawings and specifications.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- BS degree and 8+ of prior relevant experience OR Master with 6+ years of prior relevant experience OR 12+ years of prior relevant experience may be considered and/or accepted in lieu of degree.
- Prior FAA experience.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook .Pay Range:
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.