Unix / Linux Administrator - Dresden, Germany
Posted on Oct 21, 2021 by Cogent Networks
This position will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency in providing L2/L3 support of Linux/ HP Unix/ AIX Administration including Patching and Upgrades, Building new instances environment and projects along with experience in managing High Availability clustered systems. Also, should possess knowledge of Backup and Recovery. Datacenter experience is an added advantage.
Required Experience / Skills:
Minimum 8 years of Experience with minimum 4 Years in Linux Administration (L2/L3), HP Unix / Open VMS / AIX, ITIL, and maintenance projects.
- Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Dresden or be willing to relocate to the area
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
- At least 8 years of Information Technology experience
- Experience with IBM AIX / Linux / Solars
- Hands-on Exposure to Content management System /Online Stores/Payment.
- Proficiency in the German Language (both verbal and written) is a must
Preferred Experience / Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of experience in Linux Administration (Level 2/ 3 support)
- At least 4 years of experience in HP Unix / Open VMS / AIX
- At least 4 years of experience in ITIL and maintenance of projects.
- Ability to work in a team in a diverse/multiple stakeholder environment.
- Analytical skills
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
Must be proficient in English and German Languages
Salary / Annum:
- Payroll Contract: 55,000 - 60,000€ per year
- B2B Contract: 80,000 - 85,000€ per year