IT Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Oct 20, 2021 by CV-Library
At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
About the Job
Reporting To: The I.T. Team Leader
To complement the existing IT resources within the business, Exertis is recruiting an individual who can apply themselves to assist with our desktop and server support requirements. This is a permanent role based at our Burnley Office.
The key responsibilities will be to support and implement solutions to meet the on-going requirements of Exertis. Alongside your team mates nationwide - provide 1st and 2nd line technical support for the Desktop and Windows Server infrastructure supporting and not limited to - over 1500 internal users currently spanning across 14 Exertis locations (Warehousing and Offices) over 4 separate shift patterns, in 5 different countries and 2 times zones with future potential to provide a 24x7 service.
This is an onsite ONLY role and will require a level of physical ability for occasional manual handling, equipment carrying, working at height and equipment assembly. You may from time to time be required to travel to other sites. You may from time to time be required to work weekends.
The key responsibilities will be to support the business and implement solutions to meet the on-going requirements of Exertis by providing technical support, help and guidance to the business users using (but not limited to) the following skills
* Providing 1st and 2nd line technical support – remotely & in person.
* Desktop Administration / Support Tasks
* Excellent customer service skills
* PC laptop Build/configuration, Installation and asset management
* Basic Server Administration
* AD User Creation – Creation, Amendment, Deletion, Assignment
* Escalate calls to 3rd line support analysts if the problem is more complex.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team with all levels of end user and have strong interpretation skills enabling good verbal and written communication.
The candidate will have a polite, calm and clear telephone manner and be comfortable working in an orderly and methodical style, with excellent problem-solving skills in a demanding environment.
Strong organisational skills are a must, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously.
You will be self-motivated, have strong team player skills as well as being able to work on your own initiative. You’ll need to demonstrate commitment to providing a quality service and have a flexible, positive and logical approach.
You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise effectively to positively develop the I.T. Service Desk operational performance and efficiencies.
* Windows Desktop – Windows 8.1, 10
* Microsoft’s Office 365/2016/2013
* Microsoft Exchange Admin
* Experience of Microsoft 365, Outlook
* Good knowledge of Active Directory and Software Deployment.
* Good understanding of PC hardware for fault finding.
* General Networking knowledge
* Networking Standards TCP/IP and Shared files and folder administration.
* General Fault Resolution relating to Laptops, PC’s, Printers, Scanners, Switches, web and browsers.
* Tablet and Mobile support, setup and support level knowledge.
* Full UK Drivers license
* Knowledge of imaging laptops/PCS
* Excellent front end customer service skills
* Proven track record with troubleshooting and delivering an excellent service to key stakeholders.
* Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root cause and implement controlled changes (RCA – Root cause analysis skills)
* Must be able to communicate clearly at a technical and end user level
* Must project a positive, friendly professional image on the phone and in person
* A demonstrable passion for customer service and personal development
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Must be flexible in their approach to travel and projects undertaken
* Sound organisational ability and able to prioritise and document.
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group code of conduct
* Tablets and Smart Phones (setup and support level knowledge APPLE, SAMSUNG)
* Able to motivate the yourself and the team in a structured, supportive and proactive way, working to KPIs and SLAs.
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
Desirable but not essential skills:
* ITIL – V3 foundation or above
* Six Sigma Green Belt or above
* MCSA, MSCE, MOS
* Knowledge of Helpdesk Systems and ITIL Best Practice
* Telephony Systems
* Video Conferencing
* Building Security and Best Practice Knowledge – Net2, CCTV
* Project Management Skills/Knowledge – Six Sigma / Prince 2
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£1 - £100k Annual
£18 - £18 Hourly
£20k - £25k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual
£10 - £14.6 Hourly
£22k - £27k Annual
£120 - £150 Daily
£20k - £25k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual