Posted on Oct 20, 2021 by CV-Library
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documentation to established quality standards and processes. You will be working collaboratively; good communication skills are essential.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Technical Author:
* To analyse and prepare content for customers such as user manuals
* To analyse and prepare content for engineering teams including commissioning and repair procedures
* To analyse and prepare content for training teams to support requirements
* To ensure that content meets legal obligations and is written to best practice using established processes
* To work collaboratively with all teams
* To manage external translation projects where required
* To publish content into document libraries and inform readers of new releases
* To ensure departmental records are maintained and accurate
Requirements for the Technical Author:
* An excellent grasp of English language and grammar
* 5 years’ experience as a Technical Author or equivalent, preparing user manuals and technical procedures for software-controlled electromechanical equipment
* Knowledge of the document creation cycle and roles of other key departments
* Understanding of document layout and construction, with exemplary attention to detail
* Working knowledge of Adobe Framemaker, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat
* Knowledge of Markup languages (HTML) and experience of single source publishing and document management systems
* Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in an engineering or scientific discipline
* Knowledge of MadCap Flare
* Knowledge of inkjet printing equipment
* Thorough understanding of electrical, pneumatic and electromechanical principles
* Knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro, SharePoint and BigTinCan
* Experience in preparing maintenance videos
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Keywords: Technical Author, Framemaker, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, HTML, MadCap Flare, Premier Pro, SharePoint, BigTinCan, Cambridge, Technical Author
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £75k Annual
£35 - £45 Hourly
£21k - £23k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual