Posted on Oct 19, 2021 by CV-Library
The Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this role is to manage, co-ordinate and complete each project on time and within budget and scope. This role oversees all aspects of a project lifecycle including agreeing deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress, and managing risk.
The Main Accountabilities
• Managing, driving, and successfully delivering projects through the full life cycle to time, cost, and quality.
• Have a clear understanding of contractual requirements and financial milestones for each project and manage these effectively.
• Drive the delivery of the plan with the customer, responsible for producing and updating the agreed plan
• Management of project escalations to resolution to avoid further escalation.
• Manage internal resources to delivery timescales to each assigned project.
• Responsibility for the project implementation budget and delivery of that budget. Including a clear understanding of all financial milestones and ensure all are met to enable prompt payment of agreed invoices.
• Management of the project Risks
• Be responsible for assigned project budgets.
• Ensure the effective handover to business as usual' following the successful completion of a project(s).
The Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Experience of successfully delivering Software projects within the Public Sector environment
• Excellent and demonstrable Project Management skills
• A good understanding of the Social Care sector is desirable
• Excellent communication and written skills.
• Strong customer engagement skills, working with Customers on a 121 basis
• Ability to effectively prioritise own workload.
• The ability to recognise the impact of decisions on ours and customers businesses.
• Accurate, dynamic, and tenacious.
• Confident and pro-active with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Good presentation skills
• Prince2 practitioner or equivalent
Values in Action
• I take controlled risks based on the level of responsibility
• I kick start work when I see the need to act in advance of permission, following full understanding of impact
• I identify who the key players are who will enable me to bring my ideas / improvement to life
• I think ahead to identify new offerings before the need is identified
• I use my knowledge and experience to identify opportunities for improvement
• I establish a change control process to ensure we have a consistent approach to continuous improvement
• I create regular space for ideas to be generated and debated by the team
• I create regular forums for colleagues from across the business to meet and discuss ideas for improvement
• I recognise when I get comfortable in a role and immediately take steps to stretch myself
• I understand how much of my focus and attention is required to complete different tasks, and build in the right levels of contingency
• I am self-reliant and focus on what I can control, bringing a sense of calmness to situations when required
• I proactively offer feedback and position it in a way that the recipient can accept
• I help others do what is right regardless of my own views
• I know how, where, and when to switch off'
• I draw on previous experience to bring a balanced, grounded perspective
• I motivate myself by genuinely caring about our business, our products, and our people
• I understand how decisions are made and can manage my way through the hierarchy to ensure things get done
• I think ahead to pre-empt potential problems
• I see the longer-term benefit of short-term activities
• I look outside my immediate working environment to benchmark activity
• I set and meet service level agreements, introducing key indicators and measures, establishing realistic and stretching team targets
• I anticipate how a decision may land before making decisions that will impact others
• I mentor others, helping others to grow and share my and other's experience
• I strike a mental balance of focusing on benefitting the business whilst upholding the prosperity of the NHS and Local Government along with our partners and customers
• I positively influence by purposefully delivering quality work aligned to what others will value
• I influence those who can influence the real decision makers when I am once removed / have no access to the
• I make sure that the content is relevant to the recipients when creating the story
• I can take a complex idea and make it easy to understand
• I build relationships through conversations for future benefit
• I look for information from industry experts to guide me when developing innovative approaches
• I promote cross-functional working to get things done
• I understand the market and product offering to strategically map customers to drive partner profiling engagement
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£500 - £700 Daily
£55k - £65k Annual
£500 - £600 Daily
£45k - £55k Annual
£430 - £430 Daily
£50k - £55k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual