Posted on Oct 19, 2021 by Publicis Groupe
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic individuals who will work with our staff of system administrators and scientists to design, deploy and administer the NIH High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster, petabyte-scale data storage systems, and associated specialized systems.
This individual will:
- Configure, build, and install upgrades to the Linux operating system and related utilities.
- Participate in optimizing resource management and scheduling software and policies.
- Provide technical support, troubleshoot problems and develop appropriate computational strategies for researchers using HPC resources.
- Consult and collaborate with scientist coworkers to determine best system configurations for applications.
Required skill set:
- RedHat or CentOS Linux system administrator, certified or equivalent experience.
- Ability to program in at least one of the following languages: Python, C/C++, or Perl.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the team; flexibility in dealing with assignments and in working on several projects simultaneously; ability to communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and computer knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to configure, deploy and manage a major system area such as batch system, network, data storage, backup system, database system, or distributed computing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional desired skills are below. Candidates with a subset of these skills are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in a HPC environment.
- Experience with batch systems such as SLURM or PBS.
- Experience with virtual machine technology and/or cloud computing.
- Configuration management using Ansible or similar tools.
- Working knowledge of MySQL.
- Network management experience especially Infiniband.
- Experience managing parallel and cluster file systems such as NFS, GPFS, or Lustre.
- Developing secure web applications.
- Experience presenting and/or teaching.
- Knowledge of Linux security auditing tools.
- Familiarity with vulnerability management tools such as Tenable.
- Implementing technical security configuration baselines such as CIS benchmarks.
A bachelor's degree and 3-5 years' work experience or equivalent knowledge and expertise in Linux systems administration is required.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at or you may call us at +1-.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$130k - $150k Annual