Posted on Oct 19, 2021 by CV-Library
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Qualifications: Work Experience and Competence based skills
Key Competencies and Characteristics required:
Ability and experience of working to commercial deadlines and manage a small team to a schedule of work.
Warehousing skills coupled with the relevant skills and experience to enable
safe movement and storage of goods. (where applicable forklift licence and IOSH, NEBOSH would be beneficial)
An ability to understand and learn different machinery to enable cutting and lifting of materials.
Excellent housekeeping to enable management of stock, maintenance of equipment and processing of returned goods.
Able to manage a small team of staff to HR policies.
ISO and Health and Safety knowledge relevant to role.
Good Communicator with the ability to speak to customers, staff and management
Excellent attention to detail skills
Organising and managing the safe and efficient receipt, storage and despatch of materials in compliance with company’s H&S policies and ISO 2015 Quality Procedures
Efficient layout of racking and ensuring efficient space utilization of stored goods.
Reviewing the correct cutting and movement of materials to fulfil customer orders to schedule and general maintenance of workspace to health and safety guidelines
Overseeing branch cycle counting and stock audits.
Efficient use of drivers to deliver orders on time to customers
Manging rotas, supervising and appraising staff
Coach, manage and develop warehouse staff and team leaders/supervisors to optimise performance and meet key targets and deadlines.
Part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operations. Recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements and customer requirements.
1. To represent the company in a professional, enthusiastic and positive manner
1. Communicate with warehouse staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets and operational requirements
1. To enable safe and efficient receipt, movement, cutting and storage of goods in the branch warehouses to ISO standards.
1. Drive a zero tolerance mindset for deviation/errors from the use of quality processes to ensure customer deliverables are met fully
1. To work efficiently in the operation of machinery to lift and cut material to correct sizes from a work schedule using pick notes provided.
1. Communicating and ensuring stock inventories are managed, accurate and controlled by ensuring physical counts are conducted and reconciled with ERP (Profit) system utilising the help of the warehouse team.
1. Timely processing of returned goods back into stock and communication to office of any stock replenishment needs or issues.
1. To manage a team of warehouse operatives and drivers to load and unload materials in a timely fashion.
1. Ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose
1. Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
1. Recruit, select, coach and motivate employees
1. To show courtesy and be helpful to customers/suppliers when collecting, delivering or returning materials to warehouse.
1. Maintain a safe workplace without risk to health by proper and timely assessment of risks to health and safety, and to implement measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the management.
1. Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy as required.
1. Any other duties as required by the company
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £45k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£32k - £35k Annual
£30k - £32k Annual
£36k - £36k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£38k - £42k Annual