Business/Technical Service Manager (Remote)
Posted on Oct 15, 2021 by WA Consultants
An experienced Business Area Manager, required for a full-time, remote-based contract for a global retail fashion brand, where you will lead the development, required transformation, operations and management of the Support & Ops Tooling Tech Service Area. You will maintain a core high-quality technology service and additionally you will define and implement the strategy and roadmap to create a next generation support and operations toolset. This includes scaling down and phasing out Legacy technology over time, as well as re-engineering/transforming as necessary.
- Accountable for creating an efficient & reliable Support & Ops function by automating as much as possible requests, event and incident handling, discovery, user admin etc.
- Responsible for driving the tooling technology roadmap for Support & Ops
- Responsible for maintaining and improving Support & Ops Platforms incl. ServiceNow
- Monitor vendors and market regularly for the latest products, best practices and emerging technologies in Supports & Ops tooling
- Responsible for managing stakeholders across Business Tech that use the developed and managed Support & Ops toolsets
- Accountable to ensure that the area strategy and roadmap is aligned with Business Tech technology strategy and roadmap
- Responsible to provide input to QBR on critical technology priorities that will enable continued product development and scaling
- Responsible to ensure that services are implemented according to Enterprise Architecture guidelines and promotes an agile tech landscape to furthest extent
- Accountable along with BT commercial to ensure healthy partner relationships with vendors
- Ensure assigned teams understand the overall direction, vision, delivery process and responsibilities for any given initiative
- Drive consistency in practice, process, toolset and architecture within area mgmt.
- Lead, coach and develop members of the area, promoting best practice in technical architecture and continually benchmarking against industry standards
Skills and abilities
- 8-12+ years of experience in operations & technology of which at least 2 years in a leadership role leading high-functioning technology product teams in operations
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow, as well as setting up Ops toolchains and processes
- Design experience with large-scale log management, aggregation and event correlation technologies and system monitoring and management systems
- Development experience in creating single pane of glass systems, alerting systems and tool set integration
- Tech service management & delivery/Technology Platform Management
- Tooling & Automation in Operations
- DevSecOps and agile methodology
- Enterprise Architecture
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Practical experience in field service optional but preferred
- Deep knowledge in modern architecture principles and distributed systems (eg API first, modular application design, microservices, test automation) and interest in the latest technology trends
- Demonstrates a combination of a highly-technical engineering leader and effective relationship skills
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Deep understanding of the cost drivers in systems delivery and operations and the commercial consequences of the technical decisions made. Ability to manage and prioritize dozens of requirements, deadlines, & projects
- Ability to understand the complexity of H&M business and the role of foundational technology as an integrated part of the business
Language skills - Which language is required and preferred?
- English - excellent written and verbal communication skills at both technical and non-technical level.
To arrange an interview, please email CV to (see below)
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.