Posted on Oct 15, 2021 by Lifecycle Resources Ltd
DevOps Engineer required to work on a large set of workflow applications, improving on-premises and cloud devops processes.
- The current system is a mixture of TeamCity/Octopus for on-prem solutions, using continuous integration and automated deployment and some Azure Devops for cloud based solutions. Software solutions going forwards will continue to be a mix of on-prem and cloud based and the role will be to manage and enhance both.
- The role provides the opportunity to get involved in the core areas which make the system work, improve the deployment experience and reduce release downtime.
- The DevOps Engineer will take responsibility for release management across the software development life cycle, managing environments, enhancing existing CI/CD pipelines and creating new ones with the aim of achieving consistent deployment mechanisms and minimal downtime.
- Release management of different types of deployable software - on and off prem web applications, both UI and APIs, windows services and apps.
- Release co-ordination
- Ownership of environment creation and management
- Development, UAT and Production Ensuring security and monitoring of DevOps pipelines and infrastructure Analysis of current deployment strategy with an eye to providing improvements, both tactical and strategic.
- Working with IT stakeholders to identify requirements and co-ordinate system enhancements.
- Providing advice and guidance regarding project approach and appropriate technologies.
In addition to the base salary (dependent on experience), a generous annual bonus and benefits package is offered.