Posted on Oct 15, 2021 by Darwin Recruitment
We're looking for a talented Engineering Manager to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of being a expertise lead for Software Developers.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Please note: This is a contract role, planned to last 12 months and is outside IR35.
Based in the company's Stockholm office, as the Engineering Manager you will be primarily responsible for directing a team of 7 developers who are part of the disputes/returns core team that owns the consumer facing disputes/returns features in the app as well as the internal tooling. The team will also be responsible for ensuring the flows offering to the consumers are optimized to improve customer experience and reduce unclarity in the consumer journey.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Heading a team of 7 developers on this project to meet the companies target as well as the development and progression of their careers
- Supporting the team in finding the right technical solutions that are in line with the teams direction in terms of architecture and development whilst having the business priorities in mind
- Support of the team in technical discussions within the team and with other internal stakeholders
The ideal candidate for this Engineering Manager role will have relevant experience of being a competence lead for Software Developers.
You'll also need experience of supporting the whole team in technical discussions within the team and other internal stakeholders.
Plus, it's vital that you've got experience of supporting the team in finding the right technical solutions that are in line with where the team wants to go in terms of architecture, as well as having the business goals in mind.
In addition, you'll need the following:
- Experience with guiding teams and be able to support their progression and development within the project
- Experience in software development and have technical expertise to enable you to support the team effectively and be involved in the technical solutioning when necessary
- Management skills that allow you to identify the worst performing developer and support them in their improvement
The ideal person for the role will be the following:
- A competent leader who can handle projects smoothly and efficiently under pressure as well as meeting project deadlines
- Experienced with handling stake holders and providing clear solutions to meeting the companies goals and targets
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Engineering Manager, Software Engineering Manager, Project Manager or as a Lead Developer.
An excellent salary is on offer for the Engineering Manager position.
Full details of the package on offer will be revealed once we receive your application.
The business you'll be working for is a financial/E-commerce company who operate internationally.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Use the latest and most relevant technologies
- Are working with some of the best developers in Europe
- Offer market leading pay rates
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Engineering Manager role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£4.2k - £5.05k Monthly