SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST - AMSTERDAM - 6 MONTHS CONTRACT
Posted on Oct 14, 2021 by Global Enterprise Partners
Global Enterprise Partners is currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist for a 6 months project with our financial services client in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be
- assigned to one or two machine learning projects at a time,
- working together with other data scientists,
- actively engaging with stakeholders,
- successfully and independently running a data science project,
- responsible for projects such as developing unique credit decision models built on transactional data that will enable instant lending for our customers,
- teaching data science fundamentals to local colleagues and stakeholders,
- collaborating with subject matter experts and machine learning engineers to bring your advanced models to production.
- Theoretical knowledge of statistical modelling and machine learning, and a demonstrated ability to apply these to solve business problems and develop innovative models and/or data-driven products.
- 3-5 years of work experience in the data science field, ideally in the private sector. Knowledge of credit risk and credit decision domains is a strong plus.
- You have a very solid background in mathematics and statistics (M.Sc. or Ph.D.).
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in both technical and business contexts.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong Python programming skills. Also appreciated are open-source contributions, Spark experience, data engineering fundamentals, and familiarity with DevOps and an Agile mindset.
Who are you?
- You are highly motivated when solving complex problems and have an always-learning attitude. You keep on top of the latest developments in machine learning and apply them in your projects where they bring value.
- You enjoy sharing knowledge with your teammates and helping others improve alongside you.
- You have a solid and broad background in machine learning for classification, regression, clustering, and natural language processing. You have experience with algorithms such as random forests, gradient-boosted decision trees, logistic regression, and neural networks.
- You have prior experience building machine learning models to solve real world problems, and you are able to take ownership of a data science project from solution design to model delivery.
- You enjoy coding. You have strong Python and software engineering skills, and you know your way around the linux Shell. You know how to use git for version control, how to set up CI/CD pipelines, and how to use SQL dialects.
- Willingness to learn: you are self-reflective and open to constructive criticism on both the technical and interpersonal level.
- Willingness to travel, when it becomes safe to do so.
We are based in Amsterdam and consist of 11 highly-skilled and talented Data Scientists from diverse nationalities and backgrounds (such as physics, statistics, maths, computer science, econometrics, astrophysics). We work in a fun and creative environment, and we are dedicated to bringing out the best in both each other and our projects through collaboration and knowledge sharing. The portfolio of projects is broad and uses a wide range of algorithms and tools, but all relate to risk and pricing. In short, we offer a world-class working environment for data scientists to make an impact and never stop learning.
Are you interested in this opportunity and do you meet the requirements? Please get in touch with Marco Eindhoven of Global Enterprise Partners on telephone number or mail to (see below).