Posted on Oct 14, 2021 by Allen Lane Ltd.
My client is a leading centre for hydrography, providing marine geospatial data to inform maritime decisions. They work with a wide range of data suppliers and partners to support maritime navigation, safety, security, and marine development around the UK and worldwide.
- Work in an agile development team, designing and crafting software solutions, including unit testing and pair programming.
- Use automated testing and deployment to build and support a continuous delivery environment
- Collaborate with others in the development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developer and nondevelopers
- Continually develop your own skills as part of a programme of continuous professional development
- Take part in the support of applications and platforms.
Their teams use languages, software and technologies depending on the business area they are working in, these include:
We expect that you will have experience of using some of these technologies and be keen to learn others. Please ensure that your CV fully reflects those that you have used before. For any others, your desire to learn and develop in a collaborative software environment will be what we are looking for.
Things you need to know:
- This role is open to full time, part time, job share. The organisation will consider flexible working or workplace adjustments, where appropriate.
- Security - successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check and gain a Security Clearance
- The role will be contractually based at the Head Office in Taunton. They are working remotely at present but envisage a hybrid working model post pandemic whereby you will be able to balance your work location between working remotely and occasionally coming into the office.
Employee benefits include, access to the lucrative civil service pension scheme, dedicated training and development, flexible working hours, on site gym, vouchers and discounts.
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules.
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance, please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £40k Annual
£25k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£25k - £45k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£25k - £50k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual