Posted on Oct 14, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
The Senior Java Web Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software supporting mission critical business applications within the TAG IT merchandise accounting systems group. The position requires participation in the complete system development life cycle including post implementation support. The developer provides technical consulting to management, business users, and works closely with other developers as a mentor.Incidental Functions
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Application server maintenance tasks such as: software/hardware upgrades, patching, security configuration, batch process maintenance and migration to new platforms.
- Address internal audit concerns to address Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- 3+ years working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- 5+ years of Web Application Development experience in Java/J2EE environment including JPA, MVC frameworks, CSS, JSON/XML Technologies, Spring, Hibernate and HTML.
- 5+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
- 2+ years experience with PL/SQL.
- 3+ years using Spring Boot and Spring Rest services.
- 3+ years of Angular/React JS experience.
- Business Objects/APEX reporting tool experience a plus.
- Experience working in Message queues considered a plus.
- Experience with Source Control environments such as SVN or GIT.
- Experience configuring application Servers such as JBoss and Tomcat.
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS and Shell scripting.
- Experience using Docker/Kubernetes considered a plus.
- Experience creating automated build scripts (Ant/Gradle).
- Experience with JVM languages such as Groovy considered a plus.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting .
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future