Senior .NET Developer
Posted on Oct 14, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing technology team. You will be joining a group of high-achieving technologists working to scale, develop new features, and customize the DRIVE platform to meet the needs of our internal consultants and client users.
- Work on an array of projects to advance the DRIVE software-as-a-service platform including development of APIs, internal tools, and new features, as well as scaling the platform to support rapid growth.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Assist in reviewing the scope, complexity, and effort to deliver project tasks.
- Provide technical leadership to development team(s) through SDLC of large, complex projects.
- Develop explicit and thorough documentation of all source code and resources as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex bugs and production issues.
- Actively participate in sprint planning, decomposing Product Backlog Items into tasks and estimating effort.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Advocate for and lead the implementation of software development best practices.
- Support the architecture team in designing software and delivering solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience working as a Software Engineer.
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (Azure preferred).
- 5+ years of development with C# and .NET Framework
- Experience with SQL Server and Cosmos DB
- Experience developing REST API's using .NET Core.
- Extensive design experience and fluency in design patterns, with attention to security, performance, reliability, and scalability
- Skilled with Automated Builds and Continuous Integration
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Exceptional work ethic, judgment, business acumen, attention to detail, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to simplify technical concepts and present to senior-level executives.
- Results-driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with and understanding of agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience with and deep knowledge of Test Drive Development.
- Understanding and hands-on knowledge of Azure cloud technologies including Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB, Event Hub, Event Grid, Azure Functions, and others.
- Understanding and hands-on knowledge of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Ability to create and manage a CI/CD pipeline.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting the website.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.