Security Operations Centre (SOC) Consultant
Posted on Oct 14, 2021 by Barclay Simpson Recruitment
Information Security Operations consultant required for leading insurance group. The role will sit within a three-year programme to migrate to an all-Cloud target state for all applications.
- Provide technical specialist advice and expertise to the firm's SOC, security teams and 3rd party provider selected to execute the project teams working on the project
- Working with UK project resources and teams to write the detection rule and playbook requirements
- Train developers on the Group SOC development processes
- Provide advice and guidance to the developers
- Undertake functional testing of the detection rule and playbook
- Coordinate actions to deploy detection rule and playbook to the production Sentinel platform and do a handover to operations
- Participation in project team meetings and contribute to actions identified
- SOC Use Cases Test reports
- Security analyst playbook and documentation corrections
- Improvements and defects on use cases raised during quality assurance reviews
- Created security incidents or tuning requests
- Analysis and incident investigation reports
- Email/report with suggestions for enhancements to use cases
- Technical expertise and experience as a security analyst in a SOC or in incident response fields is mandatory, knowledge of any SIEM technology and use cases is mandatory.
- Experience working in Security Operations Centre, CERT, CSIRT is mandatory.
- Experience working with cloud platforms and security services is a plus.
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CISSP/CISM/CRISC/CEH and have expert knowledge of information security operations. You will also have a proven track record of delivery in a similar role. Experience within financial services is highly advantageous.