Wedding and events sales executive
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by Airth Castle Hotel
Sales Office Manager
Indirectly Reporting To:
Operations Manager/General Manager
To handle all incoming event and group bookings (10+ food & rooms) enquiries up to contract stage, either by voice or in person and actively promote the hotel's facilities in order to secure the business and maximise revenue opportunities.
- Handle incoming event and accommodation group enquiries in accordance to The Company policy
- Deal with all group, conference and events enquiries in a courteous and professional manner and display a clear and comprehensive knowledge of the hotel and its facilities.
- To ensure an effective handover with the client and an Event Planner, when allocating events post contract.
- Enquiries are chased in accordance to Company standards
- Enquiries receive a written proposal within 24 hours, unless requested otherwise by the client
- Attend the daily revenue meeting, ensuring all preparation is complete.
- Research denied and lost business for potential sales leads
- Record full and accurate details of bookings in accordance with Company and hotel procedures.
- Make clients aware of the full terms of business, including the cancellations policy and the need to confirm bookings prior to arrival.
- Assist in preparing promotional material for offers and packages.
- Conduct Client show rounds in a professional manner and take every opportunity to up sell.
- Actively research and take positive action for sales leads from existing and new clients.
- Maximise revenue opportunities through questioning techniques and promoting hotel facilities.
- Handle customer complaints promptly and professionally, demonstrating genuine care and concern, making your Manager aware.
- Full and up-to-date knowledge of hotel products and services is maintained.
- Ensure all communication systems are kept up to date and operated in accordance with company input standards
To answer all queries from guests or where applicable, direct them to the appropriate member of staff or department.
To deal with all customer and guest comments or complaints and to pass on any relevant information to your Supervisor.
To be polite & courteous to all guests and visitors to the hotel at all times.
To attend and actively contribute towards monthly departmental meetings.
To ensure all relevant information about guests/events is passed on to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
To upsell whenever appropriate by offering upgrades on packages and add ons.
To encourage guests to return or offer information about hotel products.
Training & Development
To actively contribute towards your Personal Performance Plan
To attend any training sessions as advised by your HOD or Training Officer.
Health & Safety
To always maintain hygiene standards whilst cleaning any areas in your department.
To attend all legally required training courses.
To advise your Health & Safety representative of any concerns.
Meeting and Events Revenue Manager, Rooms Revenue Manager Manager, Reservations Team and Meeting and Events Executives.
Conference & Banqueting Operational Team
To always maintain personal hygiene standards.
To always adhere to The McLeod Group Image Standards whilst in the hotel
To wear the correct uniform, in good condition whilst on duty and in the hotel and to take responsibility for the uniform whilst off-duty
Policies & Procedures
Awareness of and adherence to all McLeod Group policies and procedures such as:
- House rules and code of conduct.
- Absence, Disciplinary & Grievance, Performance Management.
Key Performance Indicators:
Mystery Guest Report
Test Call Results
Guest Comment Cards
Health & Safety Audits
Personal Performance Plan & Performance Rating
Individual revenue target
Individual Conversion target
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£26k - £29k Annual
£40k - £52k Annual
£26k - £29k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual