Senior Azure Architect
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by CloseHaven Limited
As a Senior Azure Architect for the Integration Service Center (ISC) you will be a part of an Application Integration team located in Sweden.
As an Azure Architect will run production systems on Azure, help to increase automation, ensure systems are reliable and scalable and promote a DevOps culture. You'll take an engineering approach to infrastructure and operations, solving business problems with software and automation; take ownership of the hosted infrastructure ensuring that it meets the needs of the product with a particular focus on data security and resilience and build, maintain and help shape the core Java libraries that power the product.
- Be the integral technology leader who will architect Azure infrastructure enterprise-level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business application services
- Deliver cloud platform architecture design documents detailing the vision for how Azure infrastructure and platform services support or enhance the overall enterprise architecture roadmap associated with future business strategies
- Collaborate to move infrastructure from existing Data-center to Azure-based Cloud Infrastructure.
- Working closely with operational resources to update their on-premise practices and architectures to include cloud service technologies
- Working closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure architected design patterns
- Drive the overall Enterprise Cloud strategy which includes among others, Vendor selections, internal and external Cloud-based solutions and infrastructure that span across multiple public and private Clouds and regions, including Azure, AWS, and client data centers.
- Defining policies, standards and principles for cloud
- Define architectural building blocks in the context of cloud
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking, Security
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools, and build/release processes
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery models
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools: Azure Automation, Azure CLI, Ansible and Terraform
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership and business application partners
- Knowledge of networking topologies and engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, Firewalls, load balancers, and gateway devices
- Experience in cloud architectures, including web, application, and database components
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager, Azure Templates, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Automation, Azure AD Experience moving workloads from on-premises infrastructure to IaaS
- Experience with virtualization, storage, and networking architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
- Great communication skills coupled with a strong desire for personal development and learning
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Understanding of scaling technologies and solutions
- Remote working with possible Client on-site visit (Max. 90 days per annum)