Pre-sales - UAV Field Application Engineer
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by Opteran Technologies
Are you a qualified electronic engineer, with an in-depth understanding of the UAV market landscape? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
An artificial intelligence (AI) start-up is looking to appoint a Pre-Sales UAV Field Application Engineer, to work closely with the commercial team to understand customer's UAV requirements and to support the sales process through all stages.
The successful candidate will act as a key technical representative of the company to customers. You will need to build strong relationships with the product development teams in order to ensure that you are able to field and answer technical queries from customers on behalf of said teams.
Working as a Pre-sales UAV Field Applicatoin engineer you will:
- Support field sales activities in delivery of our quarterly and annual commercial targets
- Develop the technical relationship with key UAV customers and build understanding of their business and technical needs
- Consult customers on innovative solutions and technical matters related to Opteran products, bridging between experts in development and the customer where necessary
- Feed customer needs back, issues and escalations into the commercial and development teams, contributing to their resolution where possible.
- Support the development team in benchmarking and certification activities.
Opteran moves beyond today's Deep Learning AI to re-engineer 600 million years of evolution in insect brains onto a silicon chip. This breakthrough enables machines to see, sense, navigate and make autonomous decisions with a smaller, lighter and more efficient solution that operates off-network without training.
This is a different approach to autonomy, which doesn't succumb to the problems of machine learning. We reverse engineer real brains to produce autonomous systems that are robust and hyper-efficient; we call this approach 'natural intelligence'.
The key skills and qualities of a Research Engineer include:
- Experience in Field Application Engineering, Application Engineering, or experience in another customer-facing role of >3 years with emphasis on Embedded Systems
- University Degree in Electronic Engineering, Control Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
- An in-depth understanding of the UAV market landscape and major use cases
- Experience piloting RC UAVs, fixed wing or multirotor would be advantageous.
In addition, there are a number of skills that are desirable but not essential:
- Experience piloting RC UAVs, fixed wing or multirotor.
- Experience working with ROS and/or PX4 flight controllers
- Experience integrating sensors, actuators, and embedded compute to create novel robotic systems
- Experience in developing with embedded C/C++ OR in similar programming environment to assist customers in integrating Opteran's products into their system
- An understanding of the UAV regulatory landscape