Fortinet Network Architect REMOTE
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Network Architect with Fortinet experience. Candidate will architect voice and data network engineering for hardware and/or software, design, and planning of complicated computer networks to meet business needs. Design and plan complex networks in regards to planning, configuration, and optimization. Evaluates, designs, and maintains existing or proposed products/systems.
- Architect, design, plan, forecasts, and identifies resource requirements for complex voice and data network systems (including wireless and VoIP).
- Contributes in more complicated network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Manages cost/billing of network communication solutions.
- Designs complex network configurations (integrating communication architectures) to maximize the sharing of applications, information, and resources across the company.
- Evaluates new software and existing products/systems and resolves network problems as they occur.
- Develops and documents technical standards and interface applications.
- Provides ongoing information to management, customers, and peers regarding enhancements and innovations.
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Five years of previous experience required. Four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelors degree.
- Strong Network and VOIP Architecture experience
- Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Knowledge and understanding of Load Balancing, Firewalls, and IPS s.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cisco networking gear.
- LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Vendor/account management.
- Avaya solutions.
- Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS and/or VPN.
- Ability to communicate and articulate information to all levels of the organization (including but not limited to: technical and non-technical personnel, outside vendors, and Senior Leadership).
- Experience designing and implementing MPLS converged networks.
- Involvement and implementation of large-scale voice and data network design.
- UNIX operating systems.