Director of IT
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
- Oversee the development, implementation and use of technology throughout the organization, working closely with executive leadership, department managers and other staff
- Coordinate all IT related activities for changes and support to systems, applications, platforms, hardware and software of new and existing office locations
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including ISP circuits, LAN/WAN, Firewalls, VPN, core infrastructure, wireless services Servers and storage, cloud/hybrid services, voice services, software applications, mobility and end user computing & peripherals.
- Provide administrator level hands-on-keyboard support for all referenced technology platforms
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, negotiating, purchasing, licensing, asset management and in-house development
- Identify and implement material cybersecurity controls within the organization to achieve applicable government and regulatory compliance
- Negotiate and administer vendor, 3rd party service provider, and consultant contracts and services
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, services, etc.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business demand
- Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, coaching, evaluation, guidance and discipline
- Fifteen or more years of progressive IT experience including 8 or more years of leadership experience
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and build teams that deliver services and solutions that consistently exceed expectations
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning, policy development and change and project management
- High proficiency in the following technical areas: ISP Architecture, LAN/WAN design and implementation, Firewall implementation, unified wireless access, Active Directory services, Linux and Windows server platforms, file sharing, backup/recovery and disaster recovery, cloud services, SaaS/PaaS technologies, and cybersecurity technologies such as MFA and SSO
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Effectively work and operate within a team-based environment with a can-do attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects
- Exceptionally self-motivated and self-directed with a keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities including the ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Experience in the renewable energy industry will be advantageous
- Experience with deploying and supporting cloud enabled unified technology architectures including physical security, network, voice and collaboration is a strong plus
- Hands on experience across multiple technology domains a strong plus, especially in core infrastructure, systems infrastructure including Linux and cybersecurity.
- Industry recognized technology certifications, specifically in enterprise architecture, vendor specific core infrastructure such as virtualization, storage and networking, and service delivery.
- Desired technology certifications include ITIL (v3 or higher), Microsoft, Cisco, Fortinet, VMWare
- Strong personal leadership and influence. Ability to collaborate, mobilize and engage multiple stakeholder groups at different levels
- Strong execution capability - can demonstrate both hands on delivery expertise as well as the ability to coach and guide others through projects
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Renewable energy technology company focused on eliminating the need for fossil fuels using the power of sunlight and software. Has invented the world's first Sunlight Refinery - a green hydrogen and 24/7 electricity plant - capable of concentrating, capturing, and refining sunlight into cost-effective energy on demand, paving the way for an economical and full-scale global transition to a green economy by 2050.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$160k - $200k Annual
$180k - $190k Annual
$160k - $200k Annual
$180k - $230k Annual
$200k - $230k Annual
$180k - $250k Annual
$60k - $70k Annual