Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
The AIX Engineer will provide production support for IBM Power hardware & AIX software stack. Will perform all AIX activities & assist other teams to ensure continuous application availability for the business using tooling to monitor the environment for performance & stability concerns. Will perform platform and workload migrations, resiliency setup, testing and recovery. The AIX Engineer should be familiar with backup/DR activities.
Primary Role Requirements:
- Architecture and implementation of AIX management and monitoring platforms
- Experience with PowerVC/PowerVM
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including application and network level troubleshooting ability.
- Practical experience as a UNIX or AIX systems engineer in a complex multi-platform, multi-protocol environment.
- Broad understanding of all UNIX/AIX, LAN, WAN, SAN, and backup operations.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge of standard system startup/shutdown mechanics, LDAP, installation of standard tools (Apache, gnu, AIX OS related) and other UNIX utilities
- Provide 3rd level support for engineered solutions on all AIX systems in a 7×24 oncall rotation environment. Linux skills highly desired
- Develop operational processes and documentation for day-to-day AIX tasks
- Manage, communicate and implement infrastructure changes, upgrades and migrations on AIX Servers; Linux skills highly desired.
- Knowledge and use of UNIX/AIX Scripting with python.
- Work independently, multitask, be highly motivated, and understand deadline requirements.
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely, effective, and professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the way of formal documentation and status reporting.
- Perform typical system administration tasks, including but not limited to configuring, installation, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting
- Configure, implement, and maintain backups, backup schedules and backup logs.
- Experience implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Experience working on a Matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups
- Network storage experience with products such as EMC, NetApp, iSCSI, SAN, etc.
- High levels of Confidence and experience in using the typical AIX toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Strong understanding of various protocols and services including NFS, DHCP, DNS, IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, NTP. Other related duties, as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years supporting AIX operating systems
- Experience working for a managed and/or cloud service provider preferred
- Public Cloud Industry technical certifications - highly desired
- Experience with PowerVC and Openstack desired
- Strong Scripting skills to automate tasks
- Multi-tenant experience desired
- IBM Cloud native or through Google highly desired
- Linux support, either stand alone or Linux on Power
- Strong Platform and workload migration experience strong desired