Data Engineer (Python, Spark, Hive, Impala)
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Data Engineer vacancy requiring profound Python, Spark, Hive and Impala knowledge for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data and Python including working with databases such as Spark, Hive and Impala as well as with PySpark and pandas
- Expert understanding of database concepts especially composite primary and surrogate keys regarding Oracle, MySQL or any relational databases
- Familiarity with the software release process as well as understanding of how Big Data technologies and data lakes differ from traditional database systems
- Knowledge of Java, Scala or GraphQL is advantageous
- Background in data quality, data profiling is a major plus as well as experience in ETL and in building complex pipelines
- Awareness of data management, Data-as-Service, data lake/Mesh and Kappa/Lambda architecture is beneficial
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken, German is a plus
- Working with a global team on building our data platform and enhancing the number of systems with data connectivity across multiple IT and business teams
- Contributing to maintenance and enhancement of a data lake platform
- Supporting the Data Tooling team in developing and maintaining in-house developer data integration and management application
- Driving the delivery of solutions for processing, integrating and managing data on data lake
- Gathering and implementing requirements from various execution and governance teams
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.