Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title - Client DBA
Location - Zurich, Switzerland
Type - Contract
- Administrate Oracle Databases in 11g and 12c/18c/19c, Dataguard, Support Recovery Manager and OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any unplanned downtime.
- Knowledge of Performance tuning skill to identify Database operational issues and operating system level and able to provide the solution quickly to resolve production issues. Experience in Analyzing the Database Health check reports like AWR, ADDM, OEM Diagnostics Packages.
- Help in developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
- Establish and implement processes/auto,mation which ensures repetitive tasks are taken care by automation process Ansible etc.
- Ensure compliance with operational/change management guidelines.
- Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests.
- Experience in database migrations and upgrades
- Operate and maintain the development and test databases package, upgrade and deploy database changes
- Preparation of productive deployments for DB packages, support of Operations during release weekend
- Maintain, further develop and document the data model
- Third-level support productive environments of Oracle Databases (monitoring, incident handling)
- Support developers in PLSQL, SQL code reviews and walk-through
- Develop and implement automated solutions by leveraging DevOps life cycle
- Own Site Reliability Engineering for Database Product and functionalities in PostgreSQL and Oracle
- Be part of leadership team to provide skilled opinions, design solutions and implement automation solutions
- Senior Oracle DBA, certified Oracle Database Administrator, grade professional or Expert
- DBA experience with PostgreSQL
- Migration experience with Oracle to PostgreSQL using ora2pg or other tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud platform and associated tools
- Experience in providing DBA support for medium/large number of databases in Oracle including SLA 99.999%
- Oracle RDBMS 11g/19c
- Oracle Dataguard, RAC, ASM, GRID and RMAN
- Oracle Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Golden Gate
- Knowledge of an OID
- Experience with platform migrations
- A good working knowledge of Solaris and Redhat Linux, Shell Scripting.
- Knowledge of Jira and Scrum framework
- Informatica PowerCenter a plus