Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
Location: Remote at present, 1-2 days on-site in Brussels when possible
English is a must, FR/NL desirable but not essential
For one of our customers (Telco Provider in Brussels) we are looking for an OpenStack Engineer that would be available to start preferably as soon as possible. The duration of the assignment would be for an initial 6 months fulltime, with the possibility of extending the engagement. The location of employment currently still is fully remote, but with the prospect of 1-2 days/week at the customer's premises in Brussels when everything is back to normal.
1. Job description:
* deploy, update, scale in/out OpenStack nodes (life cycle management)
* troubleshoot issues and follow up tickets with vendors like Red Hat and Cisco
* support projects with their cloud setup (initial questions about OpenStack, network design, troubleshooting). Assist in creating Cloudify blueprints to automate project rollout or configuration of input parameters.
* create and execute Ansible playbooks for all kinds of automation.
* request Firewall rules to be added, create connectivity requests for cabling, troubleshoot in the datacenter when needed.
2. Technical skills needed:
* Red Hat OpenStack 13
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
* Basics of Ceph storage
* Knowledge of networking and specifically Cisco ACI is a big benefit
* Start: ASAP for 6 months fulltime, extendable
* Location: currently fully remote, 1-2 days/week in Brussels when back to normal
* Languages: EN (+ FR/NL is an asset)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award, that any business can receive, won in consecutive years, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade;