Junior security operations analyst
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by Barclay Simpson Recruitment
Junior security operations analyst required for MoD. The outline of the role will be to analyse the data to a high level, with the number of feeds increasing, incident management and data reports are currently not supported, you will be required to review the overall process for data feeds both old and new.
You will also need to provide documentation to the Data Manager (Cyber data assessments) and run the analysis of data feeds and systems, including GAP analysis. Providing a final report at end of each project cycle to the Data Manager, working with other team members to implement and provide recommendations from reports.
- Experience in a Cyber/Data analyst or Security Operations Centre (SOC) role OR equivalent
- Experience analysing/onboarding data or working within a networking environment
- Knowledge of cyber security principles
- Incident reporting and management
- BAU experience (Cyber Ops)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Relevant qualifications in Cyber Ops/Data Science or relevant industry
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cyber security lapses.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of Agile development CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with SIEM tools
- Previous experience working within a defence or intelligence environment
- Previous experience working within a defensive cyber security environment
- An existing portfolio that demonstrates aptitude and skills
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CISSP/CISM/CRISC/CEH and have relevant knowledge within security operations. You will also have a proven track record of delivery in a similar role. Experience within the MoD is highly advantageous. Must have existing SC clearance and be willing to take DV. Role can be remote, but you will be expected to work onsite in Corsham depending on the level of secrecy for the project.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£10 - £10 Hourly
£9.5 - £9.7 Hourly
£10 - £10 Hourly
£23.7k - £23.7k Annual