Mobile Desktop Engineer/2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer/Field Engineer - Leatherhead, Surrey
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by V-Source UK Ltd
Desktop Support, 2nd Line Support, ITIL, Microsoft Windows, AD, Active Directory, Office, Office 365, Exchange
My Leatherhead based client urgently require a Mobile Desktop Engineer who has 3+ years experience as a Desktop Support Analyst and be comfortable supporting users/VIP users.
You will predominantly be based in Leatherhead HQ, but will be travelling to other sites located in and around London as required. You will also need to be familiar being the single point of contact within IT on a particular site, whilst also working well as part of a bigger team. Please note that this is an office based role and will require someone who is able to commute to Leatherhead daily.
The main duties for this role are as follows:
- Taking ownership of incidents/requests escalated from the Service Desk and ensuring they are promptly resolved
- Maintaining Hardware ensuring that new users are correctly assigned with the relevant equipment, whilst maintaining the asset register
- Application management (Install/Patches/Updates)
- Providing general desktop support for all users, whilst giving priority to VIP users where necessary
- Logging tickets on the Service Management software where users are dealt with directly
Key skills required for this role are as follows:
- ITIL (Ideally certified, but we would consider candidates that have completed the course)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows OS
- Microsoft Office/Office 365
- MS Exchange
- Assenting/Licence Management
- Patch Management for Desktop/Laptops
- Hardware Support/Build Management
To comply with IR35 you will be required to go through an FCSA approved umbrella company.