Mobile Desktop Engineer - North of England, York (Field Based), some remote working
Posted on Oct 13, 2021 by V-Source UK Ltd
Desktop Support, Desktop Engineer, 2nd Line Support, ITIL, Microsoft Windows, AD, Active Directory, Office, Office 365, Exchange
My York based client urgently require a Mobile Desktop Engineer for an initial 3 month contract to cover their sites based in the North of England with their main base in York. You ill be responsible for providing remote 2nd Line Support to business users, where the service desk has escalated/assigned the support ticket to L2. If the incident/request requires, you will be required to travel to the site in order to resolve the issue/close the ticket. The may also require overnight stay on occasion. As part of this role you will also be responsible for working closely with the Asset and Configuration team to ensure the correct equipment is supplied to users with the appropriate licences. As part of an ongoing programme, you may also be required to carry out laptop/desktop replacements if required.
Although you will be working remotely, you will be required to travel to sites as required. Therefore we are looking for candidates living within a commutable distance from York, who drive and have their own vehicle.
- Accepting incidents and requests from the Service Desk and resolving them, updating the relevant tickets in the Service Management Tool
- Coordinate and carryout desktop replacements in line with desktop replacement strategy
- Assist site set-up team where required.
- Management of Service Desk queues in order to meet agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Liaising with Asset and Configuration Management in order for assets and licences to be correctly assigned
- Distribution and installation of applications, where applicable
- Setting up new user's equipment, including installing required applications above the base build within agreed SLAs
- Collecting, wiping and where appropriate repurposing leavers equipment. Where equipment is deemed unusable, informing Asset and configuration Management and instigating the Disposal process
- Project work, including providing inputs into Impact Assessments
- Patch management for desktops and laptops
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience of coordinating the replacement of desktop computers
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, AD and Enterprise desktop builds
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent management with self-motivation
- Good analytical skills - logical fault finding and troubleshooting capability
- Ability to learn new technical products
- 5+ years providing technical support in an IT discipline
- Previous experience of supporting Audio and Visual solutions
- Previous experience of engagement with Senior Management
- Clean Driving Licence
- ITIL v3 Foundation certificate is preferable
Please note that you will be required to go through an FCSA approved umbrella company for the duration of this contract.