Application Security Engineer - Brussels - €450-500 per day
Posted on Oct 12, 2021 by Apollo Solutions
Application Support Engineer
€450-500 per day
6months + contract (long-term)
Technical Experience: Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Windows/Linux Deployment is essential.
I am recruiting for an Application Support Engineer for a really exciting 6months + contract in Brussels. This could potentially end up being an extensive contract position with so much scope for learning new skills.
Our client is seeking an experienced Application Support Engineer who will sit within their Microsoft Application team. You will be accountable for the deployment of all in-house applications. Most of these applications are being deployed on Linux Servers, and so you will have strong knowledge and hand-on experience on Windows and Linux deployments.
- Deploy and update all applications in acceptance & production environments (mostly Windows IIS & SQL based, recently including Linux and docker images);
- Configuration of F5 load balancing VIPs for web application
- System administration of the supporting Databases: MS SQL, MongoDB, NEO4J
- System administration of the supporting core applications: RabbitMQ, Redis Cache, OpenShift, and all other shared technologies - knowledge of these products is a nice to have;
- Enforcement and monitoring of security guidelines and standards;
- Monitoring, change and patch management of the environment;
- Ensure optimal 2nd/3rd level (interface to Microsoft and other 3rd parties) support;
- Keep operating and installation documentation for the above areas up to date;
- Be part of the duty role (24/7, 1 in 4-5 weeks) in this team.
- Newly developed applications will be deployed on docker images.
- Kubernetes and OpenShift knowledge will be required.
- In-depth knowledge of and operational experience with MS Windows Server 2012R2 -2016.
- Knowledge of IIS management and website deployment (mandatory)
- Operational knowledge on Linux Redhat is a plus (deploy an application, verify logs, monitor health and performance of a system, create bash scripts)
- Database administration knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of PowerShell is a plus
- Knowledge of MS-SQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, NEO4J or Redis Cache is a plus (on-the-job coaching/training as operator will be provided)
- Understanding of Firewalls and network load balancing concepts (product knowledge will be provided)
- French/Dutch speaking, alongside English
If you are interested in applying for this contract position in Brussels as an Application Support Engineer, please send your updated CV to Rakhee Bal at (see below)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.