Web Content Editor - Remote
Posted on Oct 12, 2021 by CareerAddict
DQ Media is looking for a talented and enthusiastic web content editor to join its team on a full-time, remote basis.
The successful candidate will support the content strategy of our main project, CareerAddict.com, an award-winning career advice resource with over 1 million unique monthly visitors.
Please note that this is a remote work position.
- Help deliver clear and compelling content across a range of industries and career/HR topics
- Edit and proofread content for grammar, clarity, readability, formatting and accuracy
- Fact-check any data, statistics and quotes for accuracy
- Articulate any issues found during editing and communicate feedback to our pool of writers
- Ensure SEO instructions and best practices outlined are fulfilled
- Ensure all-around consistency in terms of style, images and tone of all material
- Ensure product and service branding and copy instructions are adhered to and up to date
- Work closely with the content team and report to the editor-in-chief
- Help with the preparation and editing of any PR, marketing and print material when needed
- Write content from time to time (including articles, scripts and landing pages)
- Coordinate with designers and video artists to prepare visual elements for content
- Stay up to date with industry developments and best practices of digital content production
- Native English speaker
- A bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or a related field, or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and researching skills
- Proficiency in British and American English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- A passion for editing and publishing engaging and accurate copy
- Proficiency with popular content management tools and software is advantageous
- Knowledge of SEO standards and best practices
- An ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong organisational, time management, multitasking and attention-to-detail skills
- Own workstation and fast internet connection
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive remuneration
- Remote working arrangement with contractual agreement
- 20 paid days’ annual leave, on top of public holidays
- Semi-flexible hours, in accordance with our content team’s schedule
- Quarterly performance-based bonus scheme
- Friendly and open working environment
- Join a talented and professional editorial team
How to Apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and 2–3 work samples along with your application to [email protected]
DQ Media is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates regardless their age, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation and/or religion.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.