Sales Office Manager
Posted on Oct 11, 2021 by Airth Castle Hotel
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Achieves sales goals by supervising sales and revenue staff.
· Prepares and costs the hotels annual Sales & Marketing plan, Implementing strategies to improve market penetration.
· Maximizes sales productivity by ensuring that sales staff utilize "profitable sales" sales techniques
· Conducts Sales research with sales personnel and monitors call productivity for each person by tracking results
· Improves call productivity by mentoring sales staff on appropriate selling techniques
· Increases sales volume and profitability by formulating and executing projects for all market areas as stated in the business plan
· Analyses sales statistics to formulate profitability
· Conducts and reviews market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, desired rates, etc.
· Meets overall budgeted sales and profit margins by soliciting, evaluating, selling, and confirming business
· Conducts direct sales solicitations through phone calls, field sales, emails, direct mailings, appoiuntments, site tours, cold calling or any other new channels of guest solicitation.
· Ensures and enforces at all times GDPR guidelines.
· Designs and proposes new programmes to surpass client's needs/expectations
· Negotiates with clients to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client needs.
· Ensures customer satisfaction and hotel profit by overseeing the coordination of various department's activities related to booked business
· Ensures maximum occupancy on a daily basis by performing follow-ups on progress of groups booked with Front Office Manager, Revenue Manager and General Manager.
· Enhances the hotel's community image and stays abreast of competition, new developments, sales methods and techniques in the hotel industry
· Prepares informative reports for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities
· Plans for, and implements, methods of maintaining/ increasing business volume through cost effective sales promotion, advertising and special sales projects
· Provides feedback to General Manager on changing market conditions and trends in competition
· Coordinates special local activities with the Revenue Manager And General Manager
· Creates and implements special programmes to increase overall occupancy especially in slow periods
· Directs all sales activities for all staff with sales opportunities to ensure that objectives are achieved in the Sales business plan
· Attends major travel functions and trade shows to promote the hotel with the Revenue Manager as directed by the General Manager.
· Creates awareness of other company associated properties and overall brands associated with McLeod Group companies and passes leads to relevant hotels and/or companies
· Prepares and controls the Sales Department's budget
· Maintains accurate sales statistics, client account records and reports
· Analyses departmental budget, and deviations to budget; takes corrective action and immediate follow-up
· In liaison with external public relations agents, prepares press releases and enhances awareness of Airth Castle & Hotel in the local and national market.
· Makes sure the sales team follows all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines
MANAGING THE SALES TEAM
· Utilises leadership skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction.
· Monitors the sales team's overall progress, service and teamwork daily.
· Co-operates with other McLeod Group associated hotels in the area to maximise the total occupancy of all.
· Maintains good relationships with the hotels Revenue Manager/Team to ensure "buy in" to hotel sales initiatives.
· Chairs daily/weekly sales & revenue team meetings to ensure both areas are working in partnership and maximising sales/leads potential.
· Screens, interviews and selects potential sales team candidates.
· Identifies training needs and develops the departmental training plan.
· Trains the sales team staff appropriately and proactively.
· Ensures that staff meets and exceeds guest expectations by training and inspiring them to provide EXCELLENCE in Service.
· Encourages, develops and manages effective employee relations within department and throughout the hotel.
· Identifies employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him or her together with the Talent and Training Manager and General Manager.
· Works closely with the Talent and Training Manager to execute the following Human Resources related tasks within department: Performance appraisals
Discipline and grievance
Wage and salary administration
Compensation and benefits
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£32k - £42k Annual
£27.5k - £30k Annual