Posted on Oct 11, 2021 by McGregor Boyall
Network Engineer - CCIE - BGP - Low Latency - Projects - Operations - Design/Implementation - Automation - Amsterdam - Permanent
Global financial services client is looking for a Network Engineer to join their team in Amsterdam.
Key responsibilies include:
- Network operations, project design and implementation
- Subject matter expert for Netherlands based datacentre and office networks
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of the overall Infrastructure and System architecture
- Escalation point for NOC team on complicated issues
- Be a part of setting a high standard for and continually evolve the Europe network.
- Drive automation to keep up with ever increasing demands on the network.
Skills and experience required:
- CCIE or equivalent level of knowledge of networking with specific emphasis on routing and switching
- Complex network design and implementation focusing on predictability, resilience and security
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP protocols and network troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of BGP
- L2 and L3 multicast networks, PIM, IGMP, design, operations and troubleshooting
- WAN Routing and traffic engineering
- Network automation using available tools and own code
- Strong familiarity with major network vendors
- Strong familiarity with operating systems, Linux and Windows
- Analytical problem solver, plans and priorities to work efficiently
- Self-starter, able to take on big projects, plan and manage time, delivery and expectations.
- Able to work out of hours to carry out changes
- NetGen Firewalls, L3 to L7 experience, troubleshooting and implementing
- Low-latency networks (desirable)
- Financial protocols for order entry and market data
- MPLS/VRF-Lite usage
- Understands good security practices
- Able to write Python code for automation
If this is of interest and you have the required skills, please submit your CV over for immediate consideration.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.