RETROFIT Project Manager Ship Naval architecture & Engines (m/f)
Posted on Oct 9, 2021 by emagine
Project Manager Ship Naval architecture & Engines/Reports to IMO 23 Fleet Upgrade Project Manager
- Project manage retrofit of vessels and engines. Will perform PM duties as well as calculations
- Survey different types of ships in service with regards to compliance to IACS rules for the classification of ships ( IMO, SOLAS, ISM and MARPOL rules).
- Class approved structural and machinery modi cations
- Budget preparation and monitoring for assigned vessel and its equipment performance and maintenance within the provided budget by coordinating and monitoring works in line with PMS system and market guidelines.
In charge of the Engine retrofit projects (2 strokes & 4 strokes), you will be in charge of leading the different studies and retrofits on board Fleet engines.
- You shall:
- Comply with IMS, IMO 23 and all relevant international rules and regulations;
- Ensure all your duties in accordance with quality, health, safety, environmental and ethics policies,
- In cooperation with Engine Makers (WARTSILA MAN) identify the possible retrofits to be performed on the engines
- Coordinate internally the different actions towards Class Societies/Engine Makers/Vessel Officers/Engineering companies
- Define the planning of the retrofits and studies according to the Global Roadmap
- Implement the Engine Power Limitation method throughout the Fleet
- Liaise with vessels to perform the different retrofits
- Manage subcontractors and liaise with internal teams (R&D; 2 Strokes Experts, Chief Engineers, Superintendent) to run the project on a daily basis
- Monitor and define precisely project budgets
- Identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented
- In cooperation with Doc Control Manager, ensure that drawings are properly handled and archived
- In cooperation with Class, monitor the approval process and readiness documentation for EEXI certification
- Controls project costs by monitoring expenditures
- Prepares project status reports by collecting and analysing information and trends, recommending actions
- Propose a continuous performance improvement plan which will be reported and reviewed on a periodical basis
Skills and Profile Qualification
Good knowledge of:
- Shipping industry and preferably container sector: New building, Engineering company, Marine Engineering
- 2 strokes MAN & WARTSILA Engines
- 4 strokes engines is a plus
- Multicultural experience
- At least 3 years of experience in the Shipping sector is required with a specific experience or training on engines (2-stroke/4-stroke).
- Rigor and method
- Able to cooperate with different stakeholders
- Good organization skills
- Fluent in English
- Competent with various software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, share point etc.
For a full breakdown of the project details and position deliverables please send the latest version of your CV or call Sumi with you questions.
emagine is a professional and reliable business partner with more than 25 years of experience in IT and business fields. We operate in 14 locations, with offices in Germany, France, the UK, Hungary, Ireland and India. We deploy our highly-skilled specialists to complete one of our clients 750 new projects each year these projects take place in more than 20 countries across the world. emagine is known for our specialised technical know-how, innovative drive and agility. We are consistently growing and in 2019, we achieved a turnover of 154 million, with aims to grow both our staff base and our services offered.