RETROFIT Project Manager Naval architecture and Structural Reinforcements (m/f)
Posted on Oct 9, 2021 by emagine
RETROFIT Project Manager Ship Naval architecture & Structural Reinforcements
- Reports to Managers Major Retrofits Department, IMO project manager.
- Will perform PM duties as well as calculations
- Survey di erent types of ships in service with regards to compliance to IACS rules for the classification of ships (IMO, SOLAS, ISM and MARPOL rules),
- Class approved structural and machinery modi cations
- Budget preparation and monitoring for assigned vessel and its equipment performance and maintenance within the provided budget by coordinating and monitoring works in line with PMS system and market guidelines.
In charge of the Scantling Draft Increase project, you will be in charge of leading the different studies and implementations on board linked with the need to increase the scantling draft of the vessels
- Comply with IMS, IMO 23 and all relevant international rules and regulations
- Ensure all your duties in accordance with quality, health, safety, environmental and ethics policies
- Identify the vessels where scantling draft can be increased via dedicated Scantling draft engineering
- Ensure that scantling drafts are duly modified on all relative Certificates
- Liaise with Class Societies and Flags for all certificates modifications
- Liaise with Officers on board to implement all the modifications
- Manage subcontractors and liaise with internal teams - Lines, Crews, R&D, Fleets, MACS3 ) to run the project on a daily basis
- Monitor and define precisely project budgets
- Identifies engineering problems and ensures solutions are implemented
- In cooperation with E&T Department, follow the engineering studies and approval processes
- In cooperation with Doc Control Manager, ensure that drawings are properly handled and archived
- In cooperation with Class, monitor the approval process and readiness for EEXI and CII calculation
- Controls project costs by monitoring expenditures
- Prepares project status reports by collecting and analysing information and trends, recommending actions
- Propose a continuous performance improvement plan which will be reported and reviewed on a periodical basis
Skills and Qualifications
- Shipping industry and preferably container sector: New building, Engineering company,Marine Engineering,
- Good Knowledge of Naval architecture
- Multicultural experience
- Good organization skills
- Fluent in English
- Competent with various software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, share point etc.
- At least 3 years experience in the Shipping sector is required. Having worked in a Naval architecture cabinet is a plus.
- Should have Naval Architect university degree
- Ideally 5-10 years experience in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering.
- Rigor and method
- Able to cooperate with different stakeholders
For a full breakdown of the project details and position deliverables please send the latest version of your CV or call Sumi with you questions.
emagine is a professional and reliable business partner with more than 25 years of experience in IT and business fields. We operate in 14 locations, with offices in Germany, France, the UK, Hungary, Ireland and India. We deploy our highly-skilled specialists to complete one of our clients 750 new projects each year these projects take place in more than 20 countries across the world. emagine is known for our specialised technical know-how, innovative drive and agility. We are consistently growing and in 2019, we achieved a turnover of 154 million, with aims to grow both our staff base and our services offered.