Ruby Developer - REMOTE - 5-month initial - UN-agency-client - EN-speaking
Posted on Oct 9, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "Ruby Developer" to start ASAP an 5-months initial contract (extensions possible) for an international Org' -client in ROME, where 100% REMOTE work is possible. Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. English speaking environment. Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
100% Off-site/Off-shore. A competitive rate will increase chances to be selected.
The contractor will be the Snr Ruby on Rails developer and technical expert on the project. The contractor will design and implement an online platform, through which the Financing Facility for Remittances (FFR) can collect, organize, review and score project proposals received through its regular Call for Proposals (CfPs).
The contractor will work on the following activities and main modules:
- Application Architecture Infrastructure setup
- Security - 2FA - Hardening and isolation
- Account management
- Dynamic form
- Proposal - preparation and submission
- Validation and approval process
- User acceptance and feedback cycle
The consultant must have a minimum of 6 years of enterprise development experience, of which two years of experience will be with the Ruby on Rails Development Framework using Behaviour/Test Driven Development methodology.
The consultant must have a solid and proven experience in Front End/UX development. The consultant must have built APIs for Ruby on Rails applications. Participation in open source projects is desirable.
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline with at least 6 years of professional work experience in web development.
- Experience of both designing and executing technical solutions from business requirements.
- Ability to document technical projects.
- Good knowledge of enterprise patterns, Object Oriented Design patterns and programming techniques
- Good knowledge of Ruby language and Ruby on Rails web development framework
- Knowledge of major Agile Project Management techniques (Scrums, XP, etc.)
- Knowledge of GIT versioning systems
- Proven track record in the following technologies:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server
- Operating Systems: Mac OSX, Linux, Windows
AWARD & OTHERS
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for off-site work.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a technical test to evaluate their Ruby on Rails skills by the UN-client.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.