Senior DevOps & System Administrator
Posted on Oct 9, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Senior DevOps & Systems Administrator is accountable for systems availability, functionality, security and monitoring and performance optimization. Will demonstrate the ability to work in a high availability environment. Will be working in a technology-driven payment processing company where security and reliability are paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administration support to the company's server enterprise
- Maintain and deploy systems within the virtual and cloud enterprise
- Work on projects pertaining to deployment of server environments as a technical representative
- Create automation/script processes to further streamline team workflows
- Maintain and conduct daily work using a ticket queue
- Provide limited after-hours support to Servers (be on-call)
- Work closely with software and hardware vendors
- Create documentation to support systems implementations
- Expand and maintain the automation infrastructure
- Maintain and upgrade the existing Linux and Windows Infrastructure
- Design, implement and manage complex systems and configurations in a multi-site environment
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting production issues
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures
- Work as a partner with development to optimize product performance and manageability
- Provide assistance in maintaining Corporate IT infrastructure
- Protect the organization's value by keeping marketing and product information confidential.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 7+ years of experience in an engineering operations role within a production ops team
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with Linux, especially RedHat/CentOS
- Scripting skills required, PHP is preferred
- Knowledge of operating system and network concepts including NFS, HTTP, TCP
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex production environments.
- Ability to plan, document and execute tasks effectively given minimum supervision within a structured, highly available environment.
- Ability to work with dev teams to troubleshoot code deployments
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and common system protocols such as SNMP, SMTP, DNS, FTP(S), SSH, HTTP.
- Troubleshooting network issues with tcpdump/Wireshark
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure administration a strong plus (AWS)
- Apache httpd, Tomcat, and NGINX
- Some familiarity with PHP, Perl and Node.js
- Maintain distributed and replicating MySQL and Mongo databases
- Experience with load balancers and GSLB implementations.
- Experience with VMware 6.5+
- Experience with Web App Firewalls (Imperva, F5 WAF)
- Configure and Maintain SAN
- Experience with Logging technologies (Splunk, Graylog)
- Understanding of Encryption techniques (TLS, 3DES, AES, RSA, etc)
- Strong familiarity a understanding of security standards and best practices such as PCI DSS and OWASP
- Strong relationship and communications skills written and verbal
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or other sciences