Senior Application Support Engineer - Brussels - FREELANCE
Posted on Oct 8, 2021 by Apollo Solutions
More and more applications are being deployed on Linux Servers, and as such the team needs to expand their knowledge to both windows and Linux deployment.
Newly developed applications will be deployment on docker images; as member of the team, Kubernetes and OpenShift knowledge will be required within the year.
- Deploy and update all applications in acceptance & production environments (mostly Windows IIS & SQL based, recently including Linux and docker images);
- Configuration of F5 load balancing VIPs for web application
- System administration of the supporting Databases: MS SQL, MongoDB, NEO4J
- System administration of the supporting core applications: RabbitMQ, Redis Cache, OpenShift, and all other shared technologies - knowledge of these products is a nice to have;
- Enforcement and monitoring of security guidelines and standards;
- Monitoring, change and patch management of the environment;
- Ensure optimal 2nd/3rd level (interface to Microsoft and other 3rd parties) support;
- Keep operating and installation documentation for the above areas up to date;
- Be part of the duty role (24/7, 1 in 4-5 weeks) in this team.
- Computer science degree, a comparable education or proven experience in the sector (>5 years)
- In-depth knowledge of and operational experience with MS Windows Server 2012R2 -2016 (>5 years)
- Knowledge of IIS management and web site deployment (mandatory)
- Operational knowledge on Linux Redhat is a plus (deploy an application, verify logs, monitor health and performance of a system, create bash scripts)
- Database administration knowledge is a plus
- Powershell is a plus
- Knowledge of MS-SQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, NEO4J or Redis Cache is a plus (on the job coaching/training as operator will be provided in missing knowledge)
- Understanding of Firewalls and network load balancing concepts (product knowledge will be provided)
- Must be French (or Dutch) fluent/speaking, able to speak and understand the other language - English mandatory for documents and international meetings, German is a plus
- Must be able to troubleshoot technical problems;
- Must be able and eager to learn new products or technologies (if not all of the above technologies are known, it is expected to learn them within a year maximum);
- Must be available for duty/shift role (24/7, 1 weekend in 4)
- Workplace will be Brussels (Schaarbeek), with occasional travel to Berlin (all travel expenses paid by the client).
- Must have a driver license and car (required for the role) and mobile phone.
Please state your proven experience with similar environments (5000 users, 600 application Servers, 200 SQL Servers) plus references if available.
Please get in touch ASAP on (see below)